DiecastXchange Forum banner
601 - 620 of 620 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Shipping box Floor Flooring Box Packaging and labeling

My Rick Kelly cars. I'm starting to set up my display since moving and doing something I haven't done in a long time. Display all my racecars,,, not F1 though. And starting with the champ, Rick Kelly.

Anyone else a fan?

Reactions: samx5

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 · (Edited)
The last two days was a ton of work. My room was full of model boxes. My wife and I spent a lot time organizing everything, and finding a place to put all the boxes. I am able to keep all the boxes in a couple closets and nothing is out. Thank goodness. I started to fill the cases with my racecar collection. No supercars, no muscle cars.

The first case is all my Aussie racecars. Then moving into Porsche through the second and into the third. The third is rally and offroaders with three Ferrari's at the bottom. Tomorrow will be the rest of the Ferrari's and then I have no idea how to display the rest. I have a bunch of America cars that would work. And then there are a bunch of random cars that don't really go together. Should be fun. There will probably be a Bentley next to a Honda.

Sadly, I think I am missing a bunch of models. Too much moving this past year and had a hard time keeping track of everything. I am missing a pre-war Alfa Romeo Le Mans car, my Moby Dick Porsche, and Exoto Porsche 934 and a few others. I will have to look around for them elsewhere. Maybe the box ended up in the garage or somewhere else. Anyways, this was my weekend. Took an unusable room and made it quite comfortable.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Display case Shelving Vehicle

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
This is the opposite side. This display will focus on my favorites and anything new.

Also, anyone see the movie from the poster? It is a real gem.
Furniture Couch Wood Interior design Floor

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
Reactions: cwbs and Arnage

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Nice work Jon, been a bit of a stranger to DX this last year especially but love what you have done with the displays. It seems that you have moved back to the States - I moved two suburbs 13 months ago, I can only imagine the logistical nightmares.

The Ferrari collection looks awesome by the way - some incredible additions.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
Nice work Jon, been a bit of a stranger to DX this last year especially but love what you have done with the displays. It seems that you have moved back to the States - I moved two suburbs 13 months ago, I can only imagine the logistical nightmares.

The Ferrari collection looks awesome by the way - some incredible additions.
Yeah, back in the States. No plans on moving back to Australia for a few years. We are going to stick around here for a while. And with that, I am trying to display what I can. Right now, I have about 100 on display. If I finish adding shelves to the Deltofs, I could get 144 models inside. My tall cabinat gets me another 35-42 models. I am worried about weight, so keeping on the low end. In all, that gets just under HALF of my models on display. Not sure I can get much more without buying all new display cabinets.

Right now, I am loving the racecars on display. It is what got me into the hobby and it has been way too long since display most of them. I still have a bunch of F1 cars in boxes, but I had them all out a couple years ago. I can hold off for a while. And having my latest Ferrari models is always a must. I'd love to have them all out, but space is so tough to find right now.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
Filling up cabinets with models, now that's the kind of weekend I like to have! :cool:(y)
Yeah, fun times. I love going through everything. All done for now. I will have a few new models incoming this year and want to make sure there is room.

Reactions: cwbs

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
Updating more for myself. This list has helped keep my spending in line. I knocked off three on this list. I am also removing a few that I no longer care to add. And a couple new additions.

Watchlist/Wishlist
Ferrari 212 Inter Vignale, black & yellow (Matrix)
Ferrari 250MM Vignale (Tecnomodel)
Ferrari 250 GT Comp Proto, white or red (Matrix)
Ferrari 330 GT Shooting Brake (Tecnomodel)
Ferrari 348 Zagato, white (Tecnomodel)
Ferrari 348 GTS, grey (GT Spirit) ........................................................................BOUGHT
Ferrari 456 Venice (Matrix)
Ferrari 750 Monza (Tecnomodel)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage, green (GT Spirit)
Porsche 964 RSR 3.8, silver (GT Spirit)...............................................................BOUGHT
Porsche 964 Turbo Flachbau, red (GT Spirit) - maybe.........................................No longer interested
Porsche 993 GT Coppa Floria
Porsche 993 Targa (GT Spirit)
Porsche 993 RS 3.8 (GT Spirit) - maybe, loosing interest
Audi RS6 Avant, blue (GT Spirit) - maybe............................................................No longer interested
Audi Allroad, silver (GT Spirit)...............................................................................No longer interested
Audi S8, green (Otto)............................................................................................No longer interested
Renault Laguna BTCC (Otto)................................................................................BOUGHT
Honda NSX R, blue, white and white and red and maybe also black (AA)
Lamborghini Diablo SE30

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
U have a insane collection 😃
Haha, thanks. Insane is a good word. No rhyme or reason to a lot of these models. I just buy what I like. In fact, I just put in an order for a few models that are completely different from what I already have. Fun times coming.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
I enjoy seeing your wonderful collection on display, especially the beautiful Ferrari and awesome race cars!

Thanks. I was doing the math and I just don't have room for everything. And I really don't want a room full of models wall to wall. I am happy with displaying what I have out now and switching them up later.

601 - 620 of 620 Posts