DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
:lol There are days when I wished I had a 4-cylinder putt putt no guts kind of car. Good thing I can carpool to/from work at least 3 out of 5 workdays.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:lol :lol :lol

Gas just went over $2 here about a week ago :ranting :ranting :ranting

:iagree It's not worth owning a truck, or even a car anymore! :lol

Walmart, here I come! But which to buy? The Mongoose or the NEXT? :lol :lol :lol

G

·
I normally fill up at truck stops along the interstate as they are far much cheaper than gas stations in town.

The crazy thing is that prices haven't peaked yet, just wait till next weekend :scared Glad I have no traveling plans.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
MockingBird said:
u guys still have it much better over there...trust me... :p
True with what you say, though I hazard to guess that the distances we drive in North America mount up pretty quickly on a daily basis. Most folks live a fair distance from work. It's one of the problems of urban sprawl.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You reckon you guys have it bad? We pay about 1.06 AUD (australian dollars) here for premium gas (with a discount) which equates to about 4$ a gallon for you guys :scared . Puts it in perspective doesnt it?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Odin said:
You reckon you guys have it bad? We pay about 1.06 AUD (australian dollars) here for premium gas (with a discount) which equates to about 4$ a gallon for you guys :scared . Puts it in perspective doesnt it?
In Toronto, Canada, I'm paying that price (per litre) too for 91 octane (premium) fuel. I think it'll creep up to the equivalent of AU$1.25/litre before long. :crying I'm glad I don't have to travel a huge distance to/from work (about 30km each way)!

G

·
That's nothing!
Here in the UK normal unleaded is about $6.50 a gallon and super is close to $7 a gallon :ranting

Glad I have a (turbo) diesel.........

Andrew

G

·
Right now it's $2.29 on average for 91 octane in the Bay Area.

Too bad I can't fill up with 87 or my truck would ping like crazy due to the supercharger.

G

·
andrew said:
That's nothing!
Here in the UK normal unleaded is about $6.50 a gallon and super is close to $7 a gallon :ranting

Andrew
That's alot of money. :nutkick

I can see why motorcycles & mopeds are popular in Europe. Easy on gas, parking, getting around, etc.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
her's ours...from Shell:
The new retail pump prices are:

Shell Formula 98 (98UL)

Shell Formula 95 (95UL)

Shell Formula 92 (92UL)

Shell V-Power (98UL)

Shell Diesel (AGO)

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
MockingBird said:
her's ours...from Shell:
The new retail pump prices are:

Shell Formula 98 (98UL)

Shell V-Power (98UL)

Shell Diesel (AGO)
Is the number in front of "UL" the octane count? If so, that's a pretty high number compared to what we get aroudn here in Canada. I imagine it costs quite a bit more money to get the octane that high. I'm no chemical engineer but I think it has something about getting the carbon chains in the fuel to be more uniform in length.

What is AGO?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think you north americans measure the octane rating differently than us aussies. For instance japan has 100 RON fuel. We have 91 and 98 RON petrol
(as in octane)

·
Registered
923 Posts
andrew said:
That's nothing!

Andrew
I know. It's absolutely outrageous over here in Britain. Even if the petrol companies were generous enough to charge nothing for the petrol, we'd still have to pay the equivalent of $4 per gallon in tax.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts