Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Do You Root For?
Prodrive 550 Maranello2177.78%
Compuware C5-R622.22%

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm really gettin' into Le Mans racing now. I've noticed that the Prodrive 550s and the Compuware C5-Rs are mortal enemies. So, between the two, which one do YOU root for?

Also, what's your favorite Le Mans racer in GENERAL? :feedback

G

·
MockingBird said:
FERRARI BABY~!
Well not really, prodrive buy the Ferrari's and modify them themselves, similar to prodrive subaru's. I've never been a vette fan and with the C6 coming I don't think it is the right time.

G

·
Speedfiend said:
VLB - It sounds like you don't care for any of the poll's choices. Which LM racers DO you like?
I like the Ferrari it's just it's not all Ferrari, if it wasn't for prodrive it wouldn't exist thats all. I like 911 GT1's, R8's, CLK GTR's, 917K's I like lots. Out of the two in the poll I would go for the 550 anyday!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I feel'ya. Cool! :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I'd like to see the Murcielago R-GT and Saleen S7Rs tuned so that the 2005 GTS class is more competitive. :mine

G

·
The Prodrive, although, don't count on seeing the team wearing the scarlet anymore. The 550/575s are in need of a competitive team if we want to see them beat those factory Vettes. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
SundaysM3 said:
The Prodrive, although, don't count on seeing the team wearing the scarlet anymore. The 550/575s are in need of a competitive team if we want to see them beat those factory Vettes. :cheers
I thought Prodrive Ferraris held their own quite well this year at the Le Mans. I was rooting for the #63 C5-R and I know I was pretty nervous for much of the race. One crash into a tire barrier and a nasty high-speed spin left me with knots in my stomach. :scared :scared

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like rooting for the underdog, so Prodrive. Plus the 550 is just drop dead beautiful. Had the pleasure of one driving full throttle right by me, no more than 3 feet away. Does amazing things to your internal organs.

Sentimental Le Mans favorites:
Panoz LMP's and GTR-1
Viper GTS-R

G

·
StygianMax said:
SundaysM3 said:
I thought Prodrive Ferraris held their own quite well this year at the Le Mans. I was rooting for the #63 C5-R and I know I was pretty nervous for much of the race. One crash into a tire barrier and a nasty high-speed spin left me with knots in my stomach. :scared :scared
Oh yeah, it was a very intense race. I still think I shouldn't slept throught the night! :ranting :giggle

For their last race at Le Mans, the Ferraris did real well considering their lack of practice.

DX's own Le Mans coverage was fun too! :happy

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Guibo said:
I like rooting for the underdog, so Prodrive. Plus the 550 is just drop dead beautiful. Had the pleasure of one driving full throttle right by me, no more than 3 feet away. Does amazing things to your internal organs.

Sentimental Le Mans favorites:
Panoz LMP's and GTR-1
Viper GTS-R
Were you at this year's Le Mans race? Or did you have the 550 "fly-by" at a past year's ALMS race?

I must agree with you, they are gorgeous cars. Too bad the 1:18 of those are so bloomin' expensive.....so much so I don't even remember who the maker is. :giggle

Speaking of sentimental favourites, I got autographs under the hoods this past weekend of my Panoz GTR1 & three Viper GTS-Rsclick :happy

G

·
StygianMax said:
I'm rooting for the Compuware team in large part because there's a great Canadian driver in one of the rides. :happy
:iagree

but gotta say the 550's look very trick and I also liked Colin McRae driving at LeMans.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The C5-R is my first runner!!
And then the CTS-V!!!!
Being a General Motors employee
its the only way to fly!!
Start a Revolution!!!!!!
Let's go on a magic carpet ride!!!
:happytwo :cool1 :happytwo
Just you wait until the C6-R is
ready!! And the rest of the V series
Cadillacs!!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
mz6jlt said:
And then the CTS-V!!!!
Start a Revolution!!!!!!
Cadillacs!!
Those CTS-Vs are freaky-fast!! :scared

·
Registered
119 Posts
StygianMax said:
mz6jlt said:
And then the CTS-V!!!!
Start a Revolution!!!!!!
Cadillacs!!
Those CTS-Vs are freaky-fast!! :scared
Yes, the V's are scary quick!! :scared And they will get faster
come 2005 with the addition of the LS3 engine. :cheers
:nutkick :nutkick :nutkick :nutkick :nutkick :nutkick
They will kick you right square were it counts!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts