DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some free time last weekend, I thought it should be fun to modded my cheap maisto Cayenne, So i went to my local hobby shop and bought some flocking material, got home and took my brushes ,tamiya acrylic and enamel paints out.... :tease

Here is the model.

Painted the exaust pipe holes with tamiya flat black acrylic paint

took it apart, by removing 5 screws from underneath the car, really easy to take it a part.

I am quite supprised the material that maisto used for the seats, they are made from ruber like material, really nice! :giggle

Applied some pvc glue on the floor.

then applied the flocking material

same with the passanger side, note: air con vents,seat belts are painted black and the switches painted silver.

and the cargo bay

Carpeting is done

Inside the car body, original ugly body color

Painted matt black, to match with seats and interior.

Put everything back together,
Engine bay, small detail also been painted here.

Finished product :happy

Interior shots, notes: details has been painted here, i.e. air con vents, switches pedals, and switches on the steering wheel.

feedback is welcome :giggle

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Well I think you did some excellent work! Congratulation! It looks great! :nicejob

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Great Post! :nicejob

You really transformed the Maisto into something much better. :cheers
Its very surprising to see the amount of detail they can pack into a $10 car :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loved it! I was thinking about carpeting my Cayenne too. How does that flocking stuff work? What do I need to do that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fantastic improvement...the Cayenne interior is one of Maisto`s best , but the added detail and carpet are very nice touches

Well done :nicejob

·
Registered
919 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Would not common "white glue" work better or even paint? I've read tutorials about flocking where these two adhesives were suggested, white glue or paint.
(Or is white glue PVC? )
Also a hairdryer is used to speed up the drying process and remove excess flocking.

EXCELLENT WORK !!! Looks very nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts