DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Minichamps 1:18 still in production? I have Procar-fever (one driven by N. Piquet) and see that the model does not appear on eBay very often :tempted I see that there is a 1:43 model but this is one I really want in 1:18.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I think it is, since if I'm not mistaken, in the beginning of the year was released a new livery. Some jeans brand, if I recall correctly?

Edit: I just checked at Scale18: Pooh Jeans, and it was released last year (but I'm pretty sure it was by the end of the year).

G

·
I haven't seen a new livery since the Pooh Jean.

I like Minichamps's M1s. The minor annoyances I could think of are; iberal applications of decals and cheap looking chrome on some of the wheels. Paint could be better, but we all pretty much knew they're a step behind AUTOart.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I hear so much about Minichamps using decals. What's up??? It's not like tampo technology is THAT new. I just saw your BASF red/white M1. Boy, it looks sweet! :tongue Of course the photographer had something to do with making it looks so sizzling hot! :wink

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting that photo Ronan. Now that I've drooled all over my keyboard, I better buy myself a new one. :giggle Does your model use decals or tampos?

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thank you kindly. :happy

Yeah, it's a shame that most of their products are riddled with decals. If you look closely, you can see the peeling decal near the right blinker (next to the little bullseye sticker on your left) .

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
that BASF car rocks... i wish i can find one of those.
The one thing i really do not like about the M1s (ok, 2 thing) are that the front does not open and the use of Dogleg hinges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts