DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
What does "showcar" mean? How is it different from a car that's used for an actual race? Is this term the same as "launch" model? :confused

Thanks in advance!
:feedback

I'm slightly itching to get Allan McNish's Toyota showcar for C$40 (Minichamps model)

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TifosiF1 said:
Showcar is indeed the same as the launch car. :cheers
I knew you'd sort things out for me Tim! :cheers

Could you explain what a "Showcar" is? I notice they're much cheaper than non-showcars. :confused

·
Registered
474 Posts
Showcars/Launchcars are models that are released early in the year, with the car in the new livery, but on last years chassis. Example - the recently released BAR 2004 Launch cars are last years chassis, with the colours (and racing numbers) the car is wearing this season. (essentially it's a fantasy model - the cars never race in launch car configuration/colours).

They're cheaper, because collectors aren't really interested in them, preferring to wait the extra few months to purchase an authentic race car.

HTH

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
So that's why they're cheaper! Always wondered why. Thanks for the info. :cheers
By the way, show cars / launch cars are the same as presentation cars?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
LUW said:
So that's why they're cheaper! Always wondered why. Thanks for the info. :cheers
I think so, at least that's what I thought a presentation car was (last years car, this years colours) :confused

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ronan said:
LUW said:
I think so, at least that's what I thought a presentation car was (last years car, this years colours) :confused
So how come that BMW liveried McLaren F1 shorttail isn't so cheap?? :lol :lol :lol j/k of course.

DanielB: Yes, that helps! Thanks. :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts