DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that Maisto has decided to put "www.maisto.com" across the top of the windshields of their new Pro Rodz and Playerz releases. It looks to be a paint tampo and not just a decal. I know these new Maisto custom lines are probably not popular with most DX members, but does anyone know if it would be possible to remove these questionable maisto banners from the windshields? I've read that non-acetone nail polish remover can be used to remove tampos from metal bodies but should not be used for plastics. Is there anything that will remove tampos from windshields without damaging or clouding the plastic? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you may also try a "fine" cut polish as this is what I have used to remove tampos from some of my Maisto side windows. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. For those wondering, Max used "Scalecoat II Wash Away Paint Remover" on his project. From what I gathered from a quick web search, looks to be around $8-$9 for a pint, used by train modelers, and Scalecoat is a model paint manufacturer that may have gone out of business. Still not sure what exactly cut polish is though.

I really wish Maisto would just stop with this branding stuff so that I don't have to go through the trouble of removing it. :pullhair I was looking forward to getting the upcoming murcielago roadster and mercedes mclaren until I saw the ridiculous web banner thing above the windshield, so now I may pass on those cars if I can't find any of this paint remover stuff locally at a decent price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts