DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been very interested in the Ferrari 575MM. Saw a few when I was back in HK during summer.. it actually looks quite good. :lol Anyway, so I am kind of interested in getting the Hot Wheels. However, I have not been able to find detail pics of that model.. does anyone have one here? I would like to see some detail pics and wanna know more about the quality of the model. A review would be great!!! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Give it some time; I'm sure sombedy will have something to contribute. :cheers
You sound desperate. :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Well Kevin,
I have one and would put it right in the Middle of the Hot Wheels pack.
Not their best and not there worst.

The interior looks really cheap with the color of the seats (hard plastic) but the body shape is very nice and it looks good on the shelf :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max Power said:
Well Kevin,
I have one and would put it right in the Middle of the Hot Wheels pack.
Not their best and not there worst.

The interior looks really cheap with the color of the seats (hard plastic) but the body shape is very nice and it looks good on the shelf :cheers
Thanks MP!
so i am guessing that a little bit of detailing work needs to be done.
How about the wheels and tires? Are they at least better than the Enzo proportion-wise?

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
Finally got time to post some pics and my webcam doesn't want to work. Pain in the ass.

I like this model from Hot Wheels, I think its better than any new Hot Wheels models.

Good points:
1. Accurate exterior.
2. Nice accurate un-chromed wheels.
3. Nice Un-chromed exhausts (Paint the inside black for better look).
4. Reverse lights painted on rear.
5. Nice brakes, and calipers stay put while discs turn.
6. Relatively detailed engine, standard Hot Wheels really.
7. Sound proofing under engine hood.
8. Standard Hot Wheels interior, a little plasticy but the steering wheel and padle shifts are nice.
9. Good Paint job for Hot Wheels standards, A little thin in some areas.

Bad Points:
1. No window rubbers painted.
2. Tires unbranded.
3. Boot is lacking detail.
4. Front lights look a little toyish.
5. Slightly inaccuarte ride height.
6. Unbranded calipers.
7. Wonky Plastic wing mirrors. (Hard to notice)
8. Rather large panel gaps on hood and doors.
9. Dog leg hinges.

Other than that its fine and quite a nice model that deserves to be on a Ferrari shelf.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the review and pics guys! i appreciated it. The model doesnt look bad at all from MP's pics! However, I do have concerns on some of the CONs of the model you guys suggested... like how the panel gaps are too big and the headlights not looking realistic. I do want one tho!! This is a tough decision... but thanks again. you guys are great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought an old 550 Maranello.

It seems we have some old stock here.

It was extremely cheap and I'm very happy with the quality. I think the 550 looks better than the 575 so I'm especially happy in that regard.

Here's some pix next to my beloved pair of not Hotwheels 365GTB/4 Daytonas.

As you can see the 550 looks good next to the 365 unlike the horrendous Hotwheels versions.

Be advised that you could buy about EIGHT ("8") Maranellos for the price I paid for the TWO ("2") Daytonas!

T.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 550 definitely looks alot nicer than I thought! Thanks for the pics Tony! At least the pics are making me feel more confident about the Hot Wheels 575.. hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.