DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all, got a question about the various #'s of the AUTOart 1:18 CLK GTR's.

It seems from asking the store and checking online that the #11 and #12 (the blue cars) are still readily available, and at a cheap/decent price.

Are the other #'s (e.g. #35, #2) that hard to find? What can I expect the price to be?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
while I'm at it, might as well ask this here too.

Are the UT Porsche GT1 Mobile 1 livery hard to find nowadays? UT models seem to be a grade below AUTOart's, and the price that this model is being sold at is kinda steep ($150CDN!). But if it's a rare and desirable car..... :giggle

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
#11 and #12 contested the FIA GT in 1998. Although, a nice livery, the demand for them isn't very high and that's why they can still be found for relatively good prices ($25-$35 USD).

There were two releases for #2 ('98 FIA GT Champion); one of them being the "bye-bye Ludwig" which is the rarest of the two. Both have been sold out and whenever found, they easily sell for more than $100.

#35 has also been sold out for a long time and is very popular even though it DNFd at Le Mans '98. Very rare and sells for a lot of money.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick reply!

Well, a Mindgames store has a #2 Warsteiner left, and I think they're requesting $100CDN for it. HOWEVER, they take their models out of the box, and destroy them.

The CLK-GTR in question has both side mirrors broken off! I was so pained to see that... sigh.

G

·
As for the the '96 GT1s (finished 2nd and 3rd at Le Mans), #26 can be found relatively easy for $20-$30US. #25 is a lil harder to get but it sells for about the same. I got mine last month for $30 after looking for one for months.

The '97 GT1s (#7 and #6) can still be found for about $25US

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The no. 35 has come up three times on eBay in the last year. It goes for massive prices so be prepared for a monetary assualt on the hip pocket. I won one recently and paid a huge price, but that should be expected because of their popularity, rarity and also Mark Webber's rise in F1.

Good luck finding one though, they're a great looking model!

Mark

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm probably just going to get a #11, as I just want a CLK-GTR in my collection. But I'm debating whether to ebay or to buy from the store. $80CDN at the store or around $70CDN on ebay... hmm...

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx for the ebay links!
The $70CDN price was according to that buy-it-now auction. $33USD + around $15-20USD for shipping = 45-55. Which is around 60-70CDN. I'm just worried about the customs duties. I emailed the seller about the shipping cost, no reply yet. Then I need to know if he's nice enough to put "gift" on the package, cause I'm not sure if the CDN customs charge duties on toys/diecasts...

G

·
I bought the #11 back in October from Scale18; can't remember the price but I think it was $45-$50. I didn't know the history; I just loved the livery (and the CLK-GTR).

I then discovered the #2 cars (Bye-Bye Ludwig and the "regular" #2). My knowledge of Ludwig is nil so I went after the standard #2. I checked eBay regularly for about 6 weeks and never saw one. I eventually found a post on DX from someone in Italy selling one. I got it for around $125US with shipping with box, etc in excellent condition. I was SO nervous waiting for it to arrive.

I've never even seen a pic of the #35...

G

·
I didn't realize this is a rarity. I picked it up last month at the local hobby shop for $38. I honestly thought it was little too much, but bought it anyways because I wanted one in a 1/18 scale (easier to photograph than the 1/12).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts