DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall that the 1:18 Lambo Murcialago was re-issued twice by Auto Art. (Can anyone confirm this?). If that is so, can any kind soul here tell me what were the diffrence between the two editions? (improved quality, fixed a few bugs etc) Thanks!!! :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there's only the regular Murci and the 40th Anniversary edition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really a re-issue, it's more like a revised. AUTOart just improved some of the Murci's quality problems, for one the front emblem is now a separate piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was the initial release and updated version. Some differences are front lights changed, rear exhaust changed, license plates added. I remembered the model came out at the same time as the 1:1 and Lamborghini may have made some late changes that Autoart hasn't, hence the updated version. Quick way to tell which version you have is if it has license plates, it's the updated version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird! I have both 1st and 2nd edition. They both have license plates and the exhaust tips are the same. As far as exhaust tips go the 40th version has a different one out of the standard Murci.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the reply guys! :cheers

I was wondering if the swinging doors are loose and hold up on the second editions? I have a friend with a first edtion Murcie and he can't seem to display his car with the car doors open

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The first ones had black door releases, different exhausts, and didn't have license plates :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks FordGT, do the doors and engine cover stay up and don't get loose in the new editions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since we are in the subject of the M car. I was browsing a Lamborghini forum and found out that the 2005 Lamborghini Murcie coupe will have the rims of the Murcie Roadster (which I believe looks much better).

This makes me wonder if Autoart will update its Lambo Murcie model with the new rims as well. Maybe in the near future? :blahblah

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Really, I didn't know this :cheers

:iagree They do look good, but I still like the Murcie Coupes' wheels better, they are more simple.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yup, update the rims and the breaks (which was the weakest point of the car). As for the AUTOart murcie update, I say why not? Makes economic sense. All AUTOart have to do is swap the wheels from the concept. More importantly for AUTOart, I'm sure this will also bring in extra sales from even those who already have a Murcie or two in their collection :cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts