DiecastXchange Forum banner

Question about Irfan

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  DiecastX 
#1 ·
I just downloaded it to shink my photos, but I can't figure out how? :confused
I have used "paint" that comes with Windows to reduce the file sizes for 150K to around 40K with it, but it looses some of the sharpness.
I have heard that there is no degration with Irfan. :feedback
TIA,
Al

G
#2 ·
Al,

Irfanview is my tool of choice for reducing picture sizes as well.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to shrink them down.

click on File>
then click open...find where your picture is located on your computer>
Once picture is selected>
Click on Image>
Select resize, once the box pops up, unput your diensions, hit OK>

Picture should now be resized.

In order to sharpen it up as it will lose some of the sharpness once it is shrunk follow these steps.

Click on Image>
Go down and click on Sharpen>

That should do it.

Let us know how it works out for you.

#5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I already take the pic at 640x480. So what should I resize? I did it and the size only went from 117K to 107K. Which it is still too large for DX.

G
#3 ·
Al, if you're working with paint, just "Copy" and paste all or a portion of the reduced image, open Irfanview and "Paste" it there.

After that, save it as a JPEG and set it up to the quality you want from 0-100%. 80% is usually the way to go but you can always do more.

Hope this helps.

:cheers

G
#6 ·
Al,

I use Irfan as well. Once you've resized your pic (and it should be 640x480), when you "Save It" as a jpeg, it will give you an option on the upper right hand side of the Irfan program, a little sliding bar, for Picture Quality....you will have to adjust this until your find a number that brings the file size down to 55kb or smaller. But just resizing and then saving will not change the file size.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.