DiecastXchange Forum banner

question about the AA IS300

1K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  kkwhung 
#1 ·
Hiya all,

Was there a special edition of the AUTOart IS300 released in yellow with a mahoosive wing in the back? Just saw this at the store, and wondering if it is a mod done on the car...

The wing is huge and has "AR" or "AP" on the sides of it.

Thanks!

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
no no no, not those import tuners...

The IS300 I saw is an AUTOart, inside a normal IS300 box. It's yellow, with everything looking normal except for the wing. i.e. rims, doors, body look stock.

Looking at the dashboard, it's got a 2 tone thing. Beige and black (not sure about it, but it's 2 tone for sure). Looking at a normal black IS300, the dashboard is one colour only. Did the other colours of the IS300 have 2 tone dashes??

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's an AUTOart, unmistakeably, because import tuners' proportions are completely wrong/weird. I'll try to take a pic next time I'm there. Or anyone who's in the Toronto area go to Speed Motorsports (search for it, it's close to Yorkdale Shopping Mall). It's in there... I'll try to catch a pic of it next time I'm there.

#13 ·
Hello gundam40! I saw the car you are talking of about a month ago. They had it on sale for $55.00 i believe. It is an Auto Art. I think the wing was added by someone other than AUTOart. The shipping straps were off when i saw it. It does look good i thought. I almost bought it but i took a black one they had with no wing.

If you are thinking of getting it, it is a great looking car and a good price too!!

DC4ME

#15 ·
Hello again gundam40!

I got the black one for the same price ($55.00). It is in great shape. The box is ok but not perfect. I also bought a AUTOart Mercedes AMG for the same price. I found them nice to deal with but not a big selection. I was there a month ago , maybe they have more stock now. I am hoping to make a trip to Toronto next week to find the new AUTOart Cadillac CTS-V. I will stop there as well as Prestige Auto.

I like going to Prestige because the selection is always good. I love my trips to Toronto for die cast cars!!!!!!!

Good luck gundam40!

DC4ME

#16 ·
When are u coming to Toronto? Maybe we could make a group outing lol. A band of diecast enthusiasts, searching for good deals :giggle

I usually go to Wayne's Collectables. He's got good selection, and he's a nice guy ^_^

#18 ·
Saturday would be the best time for me, since I live in a city not quite close to the store. But I go to the store's city every saturday, so... :lol

Just give me a PM, and I'll see if we can get Kelvin (kkwhung) to come too! :happy

G
#21 ·
Ohh, yeah, that IS300 is weird. I saw that as well. Since my memory span is pretty short, I already forogt where I saw it...

Definitely not a standard release, but it does look like it was donw quite well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.