DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 555 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hi everyone, you now have an official AUTOart employee on board and I hope I will be able to answer some of your MANY questions and concerns.

I have been reading many,many,many,many, posts about AUTOart and I am amazed by the number of misinformation and rumors that go around. Hopefully, I will be able to clear some of these up for you guys.

As for the 787B, The North American release has not even been anounced yet, so you can forget about all of the different dates that you have "heard" from these "reliable" sources. We are hopping to release the model before Christmas but mistakes in release dates can be very harmfull for a company so this is why we have not annouced any dates yet. These dates are released by other sources.
I do have to admit that we have made some mistakes in some cases but in general, the release dates have been acurate.

Also, the pricing is totally rediculous, this is another information which we have not even released yet. There are many retailers who need to grab preorders before placing an order with us so they have to list a price. This creates this unbeleivable rumor mill of different prices which upsets everyone, especially you guys the collectors.
I will not quote you a price until it has officially be set by the head office.

As for the wheel gap and the wheel covers:
The gaps will be fixed and the wheel covers will be there with a magnetic back that will make it easy to place on the car or remove it.
There are many, many other details that may not have been released yet which I will post on here tomorow.

We have done many changes in the past year so our models can keep a certain value for the end user (you). This has created a rumor that we have increased our prices when in fact those current prices should of been the norm from the start. There was not a price increase on the AUTOart line.

I am sure that you do not enjoy buying a model at a certain price to then find it 20$ cheaper on e-bay or on the internet the next day. Now, the chance of this happening will be much lower and your AUTOart collection will become even more valuable.

As one of your members stated, AUTOart is a farely new company (1998) and we are still learning how the market works. Be patient and AUTOart will become the ultimate collector's line.

Send me a message if you have any questions and I will try to reply as soon as I can. I would give you my e-mail address but I am worry about the large volume of questions I might receive.

Some of you might have doubts about who I might be but I also know that some of you know who I am and this is not a joke.

Well, I really hope to be of help to you guys and please don't be shy with your comments, concerns, complaints etc. I will be forwarding many of these to the head office to keep them up to date.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
maxxximus, let me be the first to greet you here at DX!

It's very nice to know that the industry has someone to hear what we want. I know that you will never please everybody, but it's still very nice to read that you are willing to hear us.

But if you may, let me ask/comment on your post:
This is really what I wanted to hear. I was worried about that gap, it ruined the car for me, and I'm happy that you are looking into it. And about price and dates, I'm aware that rumours can run wild. But this is the kind of statement that we like to hear: something is wrong, but you are looking into it.

I'm not going into the merrit of price increases, since I know that the economics related to that is way over my head. But what about the new GT3 R racing Porsches? If you read some threads here, you saw the hurricane that thoose cars generated. I was specially sad to see those decals on the Le Mans version of the car. Being a Le Mans freak, I was eagerly awaiting to see a good modern Le Mans Porsche. But I really can't digest those decals. What happened? And what about the R and RS issues? I still get dizzy whenever I try to find out what is the right version of the car for each race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maxximus,

I knew AUTOart had a rep online for sometime due to your email address.

Well allow me to officially welcome you to the forums with your introductory post.

Let me ask you about the GT3R RS models, lots of confusion and desrepancy amonst this group of models. Can you clear any of it as it relates to the correct designation, wrong logos and wrong body panels.

I waited anxiously for these models to hit the shelves as I had plans of adding them all to my colection. However, if I was to inform you that I was a bit disspaointed, that would be a HUUUUUUUge understatement.

I sent an email to Gateway Global Canada regarding this and the response is not one which I expected from a model car company who could make a claim of being one of the best in the business.

Please let me know your thoughts or any information you may like to share.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Although I understand that AutoArt has had the same prices on their site for a while, they still are high compared to many of the models they compete with detail wise. Brands like Kyosho, Highway 61, and even Minichamps produce comparable models, many for lower prices (or the same in Minichamps case). In some cases Kyoshos are even more detailed than AutoArts, yet they are still made in China and are sold for $50-$60 compared to the $65-$100 price of comparable AutoArts. So it seems like this could cause problems, since it looks like AUTOart will lose customers to the competition from those brands. Why would someone want to buy a AutoArt BMW M3 CSL for $70 when they can get the comparable Kyosho version for only $50?

BTW Welcom maxximus :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou verymuch for welcoming me to your forum.
I have been wanting to give my comments for sometime now but I needed to get a good idea to what I would be getting myself into. There are many forums out there but I have to say that this one is quite impressive with its information.

First, your questions on the Porsches will be answered shortly. I want to be sure that I have all the right information before I get into more details about this issue.
You guys are very well informed with the market and I would not want to sound uninformed.

Second, I do not want to start another rumor :scared but the other diecast brands will have no other choice but to follow through with sometype of price increase in the near future. Unfortunatly, we are the first to take the dive and bite the bullet but when the other companies start to raise their prices significantly, we will have very little adjustments to do.

Since we manufacture our own line, we know first hand of the numerous increases that the Manufactures in China are feeling ( higher wages, better working condision, increase cost for raw materials, etc.)
Many of the other diecast companies have their product manufactured by independent manufactures who make other brands also. So, it might take a bit longer for these brands to start feeling the increase from their manufactures.
We are just planning ahead and we obviously do not expect everyone to understand or approve but I am certain that you will start seeing the same pattern in other brands unless the quality starts to go down or they start to sell at almost cost.

I know... I know... , I have read in other posts that in the latest run of models, some (BMW race cars, PORSCHE race cars, etc) have had some quality issues. I will make sure to pass this message on to the right source.

I will get back to you guys with more info on the Racing Porsches and a list of details that the 787B will have, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks again for welcoming me to your forum

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you very much, Maxxximus. I'm glad to hear the complaints are being heard. :nicejob

I'm not going to bombard you with questions yet. I just want to thank you for coming here and try to address some of the questions that most of us have regarding the 787B and some of the recent products.

So I would like to welcome you to DX, and I hope that we will hear more from you very shortly. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the courtesy of addressing these concerns :cheers

I look forward to reading your response to the concerns :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maxxximus said:
I will get back to you guys with more info on the Racing Porsches and a list of details that the 787B will have, hopefully tomorrow.
First of all,
to DX maxxximus!

I am anxiously awaiting your further details on the 787B. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to add a very important part of the rise in diecast cost .......liscense fees and royalties. Car manufactures are now very aware of the big $$$$$$$$$$ that can be made by selling a liscense and they are taking advantage of this to the full extent. Depending on the manufacture, you will pay for the different scales, plus a percentage of sales, plus a liscense fee, plus if you want to make more then one color (which most diecast companies have no choice to do to just to break even), plus exclusive periods, plus..plus..plus..etc. Beleive me, it adds up quite quickly.
This is another reason why there are full scale cars that you will probably never see made in diecast and this is also why you find more then one diecast company making the same car. There are other reasons of coarse, like demand, but this is also one reason.
I hope that I am not causing any problems by going off topic "787B". If so, we can start a new topic for AUTOart questions only. Just an idea.
Also, please keep in mind that I might not always be able to give you guys the full scoop on things, I'm sure that I don't need to explain why. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Denis,

A split topic as you requested :cheers

Thanks for taking the time and stopping in and chatting with us.

I forwarded the information you requested via pm and then some, sorry to add to your workload :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maxxximus,

Welcome to DX! Good to have you here to shed some light on these issues of production costs and quality. Thanks for taking you're time to answer these questions, Im looking forward to hearing more details :cheers :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't worry about it, this is something that should of been done a long time ago. If it wasn't for you guys, I would not be working for a diecast company right now and there would not be a diecast market, so, reading all of these comments, suggestions, complaints, etc, will only make AUTOart a better line and it will be inpart because of you guys.

DiecastX, thankyou for that PM. I will get back to you with as much info as I can get.

As for everyone else, I know now that I have probably started a monster that I will not be able to stop so please be patient if I don't reply to each questions right away. :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thank you, maxxximus, for joining us.You're absolutely right that rumors spread like wildfire, get exagerated and distorted, and everyone gets upset. I truly appreciate having a source here that can tell us the truth, althouigh I can also understand why it might not always be the whole truth. Nonetheless, your presence here shows that AUTOart cares about what we have to say and for that I am impressed.

Welcome aboard and have some fun while you're here!
:cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Warmest of welcomes maxxximus to the DX Forum.
:welcome :welcome

It's really terrific seeing you as an AUTOart representative take part in the discussions here. Like yourself, we're much more interested in facts than fiction/rumours about Autoart. I hope you are enjoying the discussions here.

Like many DX members here, I look forward to collecting for many years to come. To that end, my hope is that you will see some of the feedback and discussions here as "market research" in a loose sense of the word. No doubt, for any manufacturing company to remain successful, having a good understand of its (1) present clients and (2) potential clients is very important.

Once again, thanks for engaging with us in this dialogue. :cheers

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Welcome aboard Denis. I hope this interaction benefits both AUTOart and us. BTW, do you collect diecast yourself?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maxxximus,

Eugene from 118motors.com here. Thank you for joining the board. It's great to see a company's representative willing to communicate with its core audience. It reflects on Autoart's position as a leading modelmaker.

I don't want to push Autoart's price increase much further as it has been debated and over-debated a million times and Autoart has gotten quite a bit of undeserved flack for it. Now, perhaps you can quash a rumor for me:

Some retailers, like MTR, notified their customers about AUTOart's price increase by stating that Autoart has "coerced" dealers into holding the MSRP to some percentage within AUTOart's suggested MSRP. So, I had believed that it wasn't so much a problem with rising costs (which seems reasonable) but with Autoart trying to aritifically raise prices. I perceive that, according to your previous statements, this isn't true, but perhaps you can clarify.

As for higher resale costs: it seems to me that as we are all collectors, we buy models not for the monetary profit but because we're huge car buffs. So, if I may offer a bit of advice, I'd say collectors, by a rather large margin, would prefer lower prices, even if that means the models will sell at lower prices in the future. This is more of a question for retailers than for us, and it seems retailers are reeling from high prices, too. Take Wildcollections.com, which used to be my source for AAs: they offer free shipping for all Autoart models, which seems like a way to bridge the gap between the new higher prices and the older, affordable prices.

And, there's one more thing that's been on the collectors' minds for a while now: is the Lotus Esprit V-8 finally gonna be released in 1:18 scale?

Thanks, and welcome, again.

1 - 20 of 555 Posts