DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Seeing the soccerball (or football to you non North American folks) livery on this year's Racing for Holland car, I wanted to try to improve my photos of the car entered by that team back in 2003 at Le Mans.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

The model is very well made by a Japanese company named Ebbro. I'm sure in due time, they will release the Soccer Dome. (Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the caar with the engine cover removed.) The unique thing about the 2003 Dome livery is its checkerboard pattern where each "tile" is an advertsing space for the teams' sponsors.

(2003 car)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Very cool photos, and a very distinctive livery. But as I mentioned in another thread somewhere, I think the sponsors get a pretty bad deal, because not once when I saw this car race could I read any of them!! They were just too small to see when the car was at speed. Maybe they hoped it would break down and be filmed stationary in the garage!!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hey Matt - I used a really small flathead screwdriver (about 2mm in width) and wedged it under the hood at one of the places where the red arrow is pointing. Twist gently and the hood will pivot upwards. It will come off cleanly from there. Just make sure you have one of the models whose hoods open because not all of them do!

Automotive tire Automotive design Font Bumper Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
I look good in leather.
462 Posts
I think it is. I've just tried moving it, trying to gently seperate it, and it is squeaking a bit. I'll get some screwdrivers, as per your diagram, and take things slowly.

I've got a '02 and an '03 model - they really are fantastic. Not really taken it all in, and compared, but it's got to be one of my better 1:43s so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.