DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
The first time I saw photos of this car, I knew I had to get it. The co-drivers were Jan Lammers, Alex Yoong and Stephn Johansson, competing in the very tough LMP1 category. The idea of the livery was two-fold (a) raise funds for the team and (b) show support to the Dutch soccer team competing in the 2006 FIFA World Cup. The advertising spaces could be bought by a sponsor for prices ranging from € 100 for low-profile areas to € 5,000 for more visible spots. In the race, sadly, the car suffered a mechanical problem and retired from the race.

The model is made by Ebbro. Strangely, I first found out about this car being made in 1/43 off Spark's website. Curiously, I've yet to see any of them show up on eBay. :confused Anyway, Ebbro looks to have done a splendid job with their version. One feature that impresses me are the metallic looking wheelnuts. They're anodized blue on one side and red on the other.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Felix,
I don't know if the model is just that good or if your pics really make the model shine...that is one hot car!!! Love the livery! It's 1/43 right? It almost looks like it could be 1/18.

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Dr. Jeff. For the most part, you're right in that Ebbro's models are top-notch. Where I did notice sub-par accuracy with them is their Flying Lizard Porsche (I think from the 2005 Le Mans?). The tire profile was too tall and I believe there was an inaccuracy with the slots in the rear windows. Other than that, I have high regard for Ebbro.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks for your kind words Sean. Yup, it's a 1/43. Actually, I like those Dome chassis so much that this is my third one. :giggle In the photo, the red/black one was run by a Kondo out of Japan. The other two were run by the Racing for Holland team in 2003 (left) and 2006 (right).

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, if you were into 1:43, you could be in for a loooooong slide that slippery slope. I reckon 1/3 of my collection is made up of 1/43s. The choices for endurance race cars is just so vast! Companies will put out more "obscure" cars (like these Domes) that 1/18 manufacturers couldn't cost-justify to make.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John...you're much much too kind with your compliments!!!! I kind of doubt I could pull THAT off. :lol For what it's worth, I still prefer to use my 4 yr old Canon S30 (3.2Mpix) for my diecast photos. :giggle She's my trustworthy baby!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.