DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay,

I know you guys got tired of me telling you about these great models I come across but no pics. Well, my job now makes me carry a camera around and gave me access to a high profile canon digital cam. So, soon as I find a good place to take pics (with proper lighting) and figure how to download (lol) I will post some. Now...onto my purchases today.

Had to go to a funeral today (college buddy lost his father suddenly on Sunday). Anyway, for some reason driving back home, I thought of a pic of a diecast I saw on ebay of the new 1:18 model of the 2006 Volvo C70. The maker was a company called Motorsport (ever heard of them? Neither have I--lol). From the ebay pics (of a red one), the car look quite stunning and appeared to be of Kyosho quality. It listed for $83 - $96 USD (as I searched ebay further. Only found like two listed there). So, as I was getting off of my exit to stop and grab a bite to eat, low and behold exactly in front of me was a Volvo/Range Rover dealership. So a little birdie came and whispered in my ear "You know Eric, you are broke, need money to get through work the next couple of weeks, and have no money at all for diecast, so why don't you go into that dealership and see if they have that Volvo model? LOL YOu probably won't like it once you see it in person anyway"). So, I had no choice but to take the birdie's advice (because if I didn't, he might of crapped on my car later-- hahaaha). Why did I do it?The car on ebay came in red. I'm not crazy about red cars (just feel like that color has been overdone, unless it's like a dark metallic or burgandy red). I went in feeling stupid and thinking these dealers are going to be pi**ed that I'm not trying to buy a Range Rover or Volvo, but looking for models instead. but the first dealer was quite nice and directed me to the parts department. As i walked the elaborate twist and turns of the hallway, I saw before my eyes a case filled with Volvo items. In that case was the C70, but in grey. The color grey on it looked gorgeous. I had the parts guy pull it out of the case for closer inspection. The box was heavy as heck. It had a metal roof that could be exchanged for a piece to make it a converible. It had carpeting. I saw no attachment stubs. It just looked stunning. It was $84. The birdie said "You're broke, now buy that car." LOL. Luckily that was the only color to choose from.

So as I stood ready to purchase the car, I asked the parts guy "Hey, you guys are Land Rover dealers, any truck models coming out?" The case only had volvo items in it. The guy said there were two new Land Rover vehicles that just came out: one was the new Land Rover (?? i think), and the other was (he said) the 1/18 scale of the new Range Rover (RS??) Sport version. I remember seeing the commercial for this truck in burnt orange, and wondered how it looked in a diecast version. The guy went to the back and grab both trucks. The Land Rover was okay, but the Range Rover Sport was stunning! And in the burnt orange metallic color advertised on t.v. commercials. Both models are made by the Grand Marques division of Ertl. I know Ertl did a 2004 version of the Range Rover but never looked closely at it to see how detail it was.

This Range Rover Sport has all doors opening, The shut-line didn't look too tight on the back door (haven't taken it out of the box yet), but the color and detail on the outside sold me. Real nice sport package on a Range Rover. I couldn't see the detail too good inside. but the details on the dash looked good (burnt orange body with black interior). The box said limited edition of only 1,000 made. It was $68 bucks (that [email protected] birdie!) :lol I grabbed it.

Bottom line: not out of their boxes yet, but in the box they look great, especially the Volvo. Maybe I've missed it, but haven't heard any of you fellas really talk about these two models. If anyone has them out in the open, please give me details. It will be awhile before I can spend any detail time with them. Now, excuse me while I shoo the birdie away.

Regards,

Eric

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Your thought process sounds like mine :giggle

I have seen pics of the Land Rover and it is a stunning color and have seen the Volvo in person and agree that it a extremely nice looking model. :cheers

Just keep that birdie away from me! :lol

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation! :cheers

It would be nice if Minichamps could make the C70 with the real-looking working roof (kinda like what they did with the Mercedes SL500)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats! From what I've seen, they are both stunning models. I really, really want that RRS now :giggle Th dealer said he would ship it to me for $69 but that could buy a nice Autoart(in particular the V8 Vantage). I just can't decide!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Cuda. Yes, that would be nice, but the separate hardtop they give you seems to be a nice solid diecast piece with a lining. From the pics I've seen, it seems to fit on well. Have you ever heard of this Motorsport company? They seem to have done a great job.

EricP

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you @ Ford GT. Just from looking at the rrs range, it looks stunning in the box. i ertl is hit and miss. their authentics are great, but the budget lines don't fit my taste. i hope for $68 they took this rrs to the next level inside. thanks again.

EricP

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Nope!!!

....never heard of them but I made a quick research on the net and 3 websites are mentioning the name Motorart, not Motorsport ???? :confused

..but from what I saw, :iagree with you, it appeared to be Kyosho quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hope this works (trying to attache some photos of the range rover. sorry about the pics fellas. didn't have my professional flash with me. they will get better).

EricP

mmm? not working. someone email me on how to upload pics here, please?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Derrick,

don't think the seats are real leather, but they are real soft and nicely detailed. car is definitely kyosho quality, but it's not a kyosho. every detail is done well (even need to push a button under it to get to the engine, which is nice also with rubber plumbing. the range rover on the other hand (after getting it out of the box) is a diappointment for $68. yes, the stance and color are gorgeous if you stand away from it, but there is no reason for not putting authentic line detail into that truck at that price. it's like a nice looking expensive toy. i'm not going to take it back, however. will just make some kid or a friend's day when a better version of that model comes out. the volvo could have been cheaper, yet i don't feel ripped off by it. i have paid less and more for details it has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.