DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is, as the topic title suggest's, a Range Rover 4.6HSE by AUTOart.

This i bought because upon looking at it in its box it look rather nice, and it was up for sale for only a tenner, so i bought it.
It is a rather nice model, but it is riddled with build problems.

The doors don't shut properly.
When opened they wobble alot, and why are the front and back doors on two different types of hinges?
The front tyres don't stay on the wheels very well.
Every time the bonnet is opened the plastic where twipers are breaks off.
The carpet inside isn't the best.
There is no interior roof detail to speak of.

I could rant and rave on all day......but i know you are all busy people who have better things to view around here than what i have got, so i shall not keep you.

See that bit of plastic by the hinges, everytime the bonnet is lifted, that falls off.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
From the pictures you took, it doesn't look that bad...

...but I'm sorry to read that you bought "a lemon"!

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Nice looking but a pretty old release.
The passenger side read door fell off on mine as soon as I took it out of the box :shipwrecked

Nice pics :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the first pic.

I have never been a big fan of the 1:1 as I find them to be bg and bulky and very ungracefl while rolling :scared

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
All the problems that you listed are present on mine as well; they seem to be very common to this model. It is not too bad looking (in my opinion), but AUTOart surely had a lot of problems in putting it together. Luckily, as a result these can often be found for very little money. From time to time I see one priced for way too much on eBay, and I feel sorry for whoever would buy it at full price, for they are very likely to be quite disappointed.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Looks like one of an earlier effort from AUTOart. Maybe it could've been labled UT by looking at the quality of the model, which is not bad, but not great.

The tires don't stay on the wheels? Does it slide off to the side? Maybe the wheels are too small or tires are too large?

I like the 1:1 Range Rovers alot. Since they are so cheap, I wouldn't mind having one, but they are too unreliable.....

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

:cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.