DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm a new member and wanted to share my collection. I used to collect many years ago, but only recently returned after a 12 year hiatus, partially the result of the Covid-19-related social distancing. Over the past two years, I have been refining my collection (buying & selling non-core) to focus primarily on Ferrari & Aston Martins. In addition, I also added a few cars my family and I have owned over the years.

Here is a list of my (40) models:
1956 Ferrari 410 Superamerica - HWE
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO - Kyosho Hi-End
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso (McQueen) - HWE
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso (Clapton) - HWE
1964 Ferrari 275 GTS Pininfarina Spider - KK-scale
1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/C (#98) - CMC (incoming)
1971 Ferrari 365 GTS Daytona Spider - KK-scale
1976 Ferrari 512 BB - Kyosho
1985 Ferrari 288 GTO - HWE
1988 Ferrari F40 lightweight - Kyosho Hi-End
2002 Ferrari Enzo - HWF
2005 Ferrari F430 Spider - HWE
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano - HWE
2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - BBR
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale - HWE

1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato (Le Mans #1) - CMC
1963 Aston Martin DB5 - AutoArt
1985 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - AutoArt
1993 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V550 - GT Spirit (incoming)
2001 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (1st gen, 007 edition) - Beanstalk/Minichamps
2004 Aston Martin DB9 - Minichamps
2005 Aston Martin DBR9 (Le Mans #007) - AutoArt
2008 Aston Martin DBS V12 (007 edition) - AutoWorld
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish (2nd gen) - AutoArt
2018 Aston Martin Vantage (2nd gen) - AutoArt

1998 Mercedes-Benz G500 LWB (W463) - AutoArt
2002 Maybach 62 - AutoArt
2002 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (R230) - Maisto
2003 Mercedes-Benz E (W211) - Kyosho
2007 Mercedes-Benz CL (C216) - AutoArt

1994 Porsche 911 Targa (993) - GT Spirit (incoming)
1995 BMW 750iL (E38) - OttoMobile
1999 BMW Z8 Roadster - AutoArt
1999 BMW Z8 Roadster (007 edition) - AutoArt
2001 BMW M3 (E46) GTR (#2) - AutoArt
2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (997.1) - Norev
2006 Jaguar XK (X150) - AutoArt
2015 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - OttoMobile
2015 Audi RS3 Sportback (3rd gen 8V) - GT Spirit
2018 Audi RS4 Avant ABT (4th gen B9) - GT Spirit

Wish list:
1959 Ferrari 250 GT SWB/C (Le Mans #14) - CMC
1959 Aston Martin DB4 GT (Le Mans #21) - AutoArt
1959 Aston Martin DB4 GT (Continuation) - AutoArt
1966 Ferrari 330 GTC - CMR
1969 Ferrari 246 GT Dino - HWE
2002 Ferrari Enzo - BBR
2009 Aston Martin One-77 - AutoArt
2011 Aston Martin V12 Zagato - Tecnomodel
2018 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - AutoArt

The first model here is a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta by BBR.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mmmm.. It's like "music to my eyes". I love it! If you parked it in the street, I won't even know it's a model unless you told me.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello and welcome! I also like the F12 but had the chance to get the HWE, at least it's fully openable. BTW, is that Enzo the Foundation? The real wheels seem to protrude a bit rom the wheel arches and that rear grille is definitelly a solid piece of plastic... As for the Aston Martin DB5, that an old AutoArt, right? Honestly, I always thought there was something wrong with its proportions, the waist line seems a bit too tall and the wheels themselves dont look very good IMHO.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello and welcome! I also like the F12 but had the chance to get the HWE, at least it's fully openable. BTW, is that Enzo the Foundation? The real wheels seem to protrude a bit rom the wheel arches and that rear grille is definitelly a solid piece of plastic... As for the Aston Martin DB5, that an old AutoArt, right? Honestly, I always thought there was something wrong with its proportions, the waist line seems a bit too tall and the wheels themselves dont look very good IMHO.
Yes the details are pretty lacking on that Enzo which I got some 15 years ago as it is not HWE. Does the HWE version have open mesh in the front and rear grills?

And no that DB5 is the updated AutoArt version in 2012, as the DB5 is one of my favourite cars, I unfortunately paid top dollar for it on eBay. While I agree the shape could be improved, I do like the paint, headlights and interior details.

Here are some of my older models, a Ferrari F430 Spider by Hot Wheels Elite alongside a Porsche 997 Carrera 4S by Norev.

And the rears.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes the details are pretty lacking on that Enzo which I got some 15 years ago as it is not HWE. Does the HWE version have open mesh in the front and rear grills?

And no that DB5 is the updated AutoArt version in 2012, as the DB5 is one of my favourite cars, I unfortunately paid top dollar for it on eBay. While I agree the shape could be improved, I do like the paint, headlights and interior details.
There's not that much difference between the Foundation and the Elite Enzo (they use the same moulding). The front radiator and side intakes are closed plastic, only the engine bonnet and rear have mesh grille. Obviously, the engine and interior have more detail and the brake discs are photoetched (which given the car has carbon-ceramic discs I can't understand why...) and the tyres are made of softer rubber. Also, I'm not sure if the Foundation has it but the Elite carries a handbag under the front bonnet.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the DB5, those headlights indeed look better than the older AutoArt and I've now noticed it has a photoetched grille, the older had chromed plastic. Still don't understand why they didn't upgrade the wheels...

Nice 430 Spider BTW, I'm not that fond of the F430 but it's still cool though, regardless of its (very) oversized wheels!

·
Registered
323 Posts
There's not that much difference between the Foundation and the Elite Enzo (they use the same moulding). The front radiator and side intakes are closed plastic, only the engine bonnet and rear have mesh grille. Obviously, the engine and interior have more detail and the brake discs are photoetched (which given the car has carbon-ceramic discs I can't understand why...) and the tyres are made of softer rubber. Also, I'm not sure if the Foundation has it but the Elite carries a handbag under the front bonnet.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the DB5, those headlights indeed look better than the older AutoArt and I've now noticed it has a photoetched grille, the older had chromed plastic. Still don't understand why they didn't upgrade the wheels...

Nice 430 Spider BTW, I'm not that fond of the F430 but it's still cool though, regardless of its (very) oversized wheels!
I see, unfortunately the foundation Hot Wheels Enzo doesn't have the handbags and I think the mesh grill would make quite a big difference.

From what I understand the updated DB5 by AutoArt did contain somewhat improved spoke wheels, but definitely inferior to the ones found on AutoArt's own Jaguar E-type as well as HWE's Ferrari 250 California.

Yeah the F430 is definitely not one of my favourites either and those oversized wheels are indeed very odd. That being said, I don't think they look that great on the real car as well.

Here is an Audi RS3 sportback in nardo grey by GT Spirit.

And the same model on top of my own car.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ooh. The model is really nice! GT Spirit always does a good job of their exteriors!

I like your RS3 as well! I think the colour looks nice with the black grille.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO by Hot Wheels Elite. Arguably Ferrari's first proper supercar, these have recently transacted above US$3mn.

Here is the 1985 288 GTO alongside a 1965 DB5, inspired by someone's actual garage.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 156 Posts