DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here are some of my latest. September was a fairly busy month for me diecast-wise. But I finally found time to take some pics, so here goes...

First up is a trio from HK, the Nissan Teana, CM Audi A6L, and Toyota Crown. Quality wise, they compare well to Kyosho. It's a shame that they're not more widely available as they are some pretty good models.

Next, via the Replicarz Labor Day sale, the Kyosho BMW M5. This is my new favorite model. To me Kyosho has perfectly captured the understated aggressiveness that is the M5.

Next is AutoArt's Chevy Impala SS Concept. I expected this to be essentially unchanged from its days as a UT mold, but they did improve it somewhat, mostly by having all 4 doors open on realistic hinges. But they also cheaped out by not getting rid of the attachment stubs on the headlights and not having an opening trunk.

Next comes the Minichamps BMW M3 GTR in red, courtesey of Alex B (bru7) :cheers . I already have 3 and had decided I would not get any more as I doubted that I would ever get the Carbon Black one to complete the collection. But all this recent talk about the GTR's rekindled my love affair. That and $45 shipped was all I needed.

Last are a couple of Porsches. A Maisto 997 Carrera S and the UT 996 Carrera Cabrio soft top. I had been looking for the UT for a while to go with the top down version of the same color. As for the Maisto, for $10 it's too good a deal to pass up and it'll look good next to the AUTOart version that will eventually find it's way here.

G

·
Very nice additions, the BMW looks best, great pics of it too! :nicejob

I agree about the HK models, I had no idea that they existed until a few weeks ago. I wonder why they are not that distributed around the wworld. Are they LEs?

BTW, I took the liberty to re position one of the thumbnails.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Lloyd - looks like you got yourself some good models

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Lloyd! :cheers

I LOVE LOVE LOVE * infinity the Chinese DE's. That Crown... I can't wait for mine to arrive! :help The A6L is nice too, the dealer box is cool, but I sense probs stacking things on top of it :giggle

M5 is nice too, I'm waiting for local stores to get them in, and want the light blue met. one... Those rims look hot! :hot

Burn: I don't think most of the Chinese DE's are LE's in the sense of the word. Seems they stay in production only for a short while, so the #'s are limited, just not limited to a specific #. Try finding a 1:18 Nissan Bluebird now, it's practically impossible...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Don't listen to him Gary, you find your Bluebird and achieve enlightenment.

Those models are great PC! I love the BMW M3GTR's, they are superb looking cars. Nice work and nice pics :nicejob

Mark

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Don't you worry Mark, I'll be searching for that bluebird! Thx for the back up :happy

I actually found one on ebay, but in no way is that bluebird (albeit nice), worth 160USD + 35USD shipping :help :WTF

:nana @ Sir Gary

G

·
The M5 is gorgeous (another hit from Kyosho) and $45 for a GTR is outstanding! :310

Congrats on such a terrific haul, Gary. :nicejob :cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank's Gary. What color are you getting? A week after the auction on mine ended, the seller listed a white one :tongue . If it weren't for the shipping cost I probably would have bidded on it.

I agree that the A6 box is pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of their current dealership architecture.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Sadly, I was hoping to get a white one, as you. However, none was listed on ebay, and so I went with the black one. And then after I paid, a week later, a white one appeared... I might get a white one in the future... the black actually accentuates the chrome surrounds a bit more, which is cool.

BTW, there's a dark blue met. Crown now, on ebay... If I can find them for around 60USD each, I'm gonna get all the colours :help :giggle

Also, since you seem to be into the Chinese DE stuff, the new Prado is out! Not the old crappy one, a new one from ANOTHER manufacturer! Amazing stuff. It comes with the 1:1 key like the Crown! :D

G

·
Awesome stuff!

Do you have the Norev A6 to compare with the Chinese version? Just curious how mine stacks up.... :giggle

Like the 997S very much too... :cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts