DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:pianodance Finally.......and it's very nice looking!!! Can't wait to grab one! :waiting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
And that is the one I'm waiting for the most!!!! :shipwrecked ....white 1st stage Testarossa!!!!

We are lucky that they're not produce by AUTOart....because they would've been released in 2015. KY is putting the pedal to the medal to release those.

I hope it still won't be too long before we get the other models annouced in toy fair, like the Mercedes CLK-DTM coupe & cabrio, and BWM M3 Convert, etc...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about with this Kyosho. The rear "Ferrari" badge is a decal - even Hot Wheels used a photoetched badge - and I don't think the Kyosho has the latches on the hood or engine cover - even Bburago made some attempt at those! I think the Hot Wheels Elite F40 is a pretty strong effort for half the price of the Kyosho.
Just my own humble opinion . . .

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree

I just don't see what makes this model worth the extra $40-$50. I don't see much difference in the Hot Wheels Elite and this actually, except for the pop-up headlights. The Kyosho's stance doesn't look quite right either. :confused

Again, I guess its all about how much you think a certain model is worth. For me, the Hot Wheels Elite would be my choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Men, you can have the worst model with a lot of photoetched parts, carpeted interior and other beautiful details, and these don't make the model good.

For example, the Mclaren F1 from maisto and UT. The level of detail and quality is similar, but the UT is well done, and the maisto not.

In other topics, I said that the Hot Wheels F40 is bad modelled, like a Maisto F1

When you'll see a comparison side by side of the Hot Wheels Elite F40 and the Kyosho model, you will see how much better is the Kyosho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody has the 2 models?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
To me it looks like it's worth the money. I can get the Hot Wheels Elite for $60, or I can get the Kyosho for $100.

At this point, I'm willing to pay the extra $40 just for the pop up headlights, they make a huge difference to me. And it looks like the quality is improved at least a little bit over the Hot Wheels.

If you already have the Elite, I don't see the point in getting the Kyosho. I have the regular Hot Wheels that I paid like $10 for, so I'm just gonna give that one away to some friend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why is it so exp abroad??? i get mine at a typical price of 50$ - 60 $ for any kyosho...

·
Registered
61 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
In my opinion, the Hot Wheels Elite F40 has every aspect better than this Kyosho product except for the steering wheel position of the Hot Wheels Elite F40 being way too low. Especially the engine, The Hot Wheels Elite version is better than the Kyosho one from comparison. And the Kyosho has probe headlights, the Hot Wheels Elite doesn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.