DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I stopped off at KB Toys a few days ago to take a look at their new diecast. To my surprise, I find a 2005 Ford F-350 on the shelf. Maisto originally made a 2004 Lariat and 2004 Harley Davidson edition, but their website never listed a 2005 Lariat.

To start, this is a premiere model that I paid $14.99 for. Usually, these models go for $25-$30, so this is a good deal. Surprisingly, Maisto did change the model to look like a 2005. On the exterior, there is a redesigned grill and a new front bumper. The only cost cutting problem on the exterior is Maisto did not change the headlights for 2005. The paint is typical for Maisto. Taillights are accurate but suffer from two attachment stubs on the side. The third brake light is painted on and looks fake. The engine compartment is just a plastic piece but look alright from far.

There were more noticable changes to the interior for 2005. There is now a wood trim around the dash and on the doors. The climate controls are automatic instead of manual dials in the 2004. Steering wheel is also a bit different and looks better on this model. The seats are plastic, but have a soft feel and say 'Lariat' on them. There is no carpet on the floor, but the headliner is finished. Overall, I would say this is an improvment over the 2004 Lariat that Maisto did. It is also well worth $15. I highly recommend it to anybody who is into pickup trucks.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
You know, my daily driver is a 2006 F250 (I have 2 of them) but I still can't bring myself to owning this model, only because of it being off scale. It looks very tiny with my Ertl H-D Trucks.

Standing alone, it looks pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.