DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all, this is what I've been working on all week, the body of a R32 Nissan Skyline. "Body is made out of polycarbonate"
I wanted a unique colour which I think I got, "Iridescent pink/gold"

1/6 I have just finished spraying the body in this photo, "it's was 4:15am, as these are the hours I am accustom 2, as Ken knows :giggle "

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2/6 & 3/6 Okay in these next two photos, I have applied the decals, and wanted to see how the paint worked in the sunlight, seems to changed colour nicely, I also need to cut the 4 ugly looking pin post's.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
4/6 5/6 & 6/6 this is all finished, I have left some of the polycarbonate around the bottom as its looks like a spoiler kit, but can trim it off at a later date.

Hope it looks okay to you guys.
I'm also working on a 2000 Toms supra, & waiting for my 2003 Raybrig NSX to arrive, which I will do in a Metallic Purple, just to give it a more aggressive racer look.
:cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks great, Road Runner. Is that paint expensive/tricky to apply?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:cheers Mox, the paint cost me around $13au for a 100ml. & you can get it in a Tamiya spray can.
Painting a R/C Car with it: apply a few coats of the Iridescent paint "On the inside of the Clear body, Then next step is to spary black over the top of it.
Painting on a diecast: black will be painted 1st then the Iridescent paint on top of the black.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Great work Mike. The GTR looks great as an RC car. How fast will this beastie go and will you race it?

The last time I saw a GTR case on the internet, someone turned it into a PC. Have a look at this to see what I mean.

Sweet paint job too,

DF

G

·
Here's my closer to 1/8 Skyline from HPI: I built and painted this about 4 years ago now...the base colors are all paint, no decals.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No more racing for me, as I lost "flipped" one out of a oval track, too much $$$ involed, so it was either diecast or R/C racing. Feels I made the right choice :happy So I make these just for looks, and have older body for playing.

TifosiF1: :nicejob :nicejob great Gas Skyline, you do need to use good masking tape so you don't get the runs, so to speak :giggle , Great Job, I will have to put up a photo of my camaro I hand painted designs into it.

This is a fully modifeid electric powered car that can get up to 68kph, but more fun Drifting n stuff now days.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.