DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing someones pics in the 1/18 forum of the M3GTR and the de-decalled CLK DTM, I wanna know an easy way to get the decals off of the car. Thanks!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
They are my pictures.
Get the decals off of the car is quite simple (i would like to have the new CLK in black to do it again). I saw my father deleting rest of paint from metal and i was thinking for lot time to get off those decals, and there was my solution

I use alcohol from my house, the normal alcohol, not drink please :lol and slowly with a piece of cloth i get it.

is so easy that i finish in few minutes, and the results were wonderfull

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
On tampos, I would use non-acetone nail polish remover and cotton makeup-remover pads. keep it away from chrome and clear plastic as it can make it clowdy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acisne said:
On tampos, I would use non-acetone nail polish remover and cotton makeup-remover pads. keep it away from chrome and clear plastic as it can make it clowdy.
:iagree :iagree I've used acetone free NPR with very good results. I've even used it to "buff" out imperfections in paint (mostly the silver Hot Wheels cars).

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
testa422 said:
so on the maisto dtm, its just regular decals not tampo's?
It should be tampos, but I am not 100% sure. Maisto has not used decal in a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the nail polish remover worked great and i used the alcohol to get into the tight spots with a q-tip...thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I got a dumb question that has probably been asked before....

What's the difference between tampos and stickers/decals and how can I tell which is which?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a second dumb question... when you guys speak of alcohol, is that rubbing alcohol? as in isopropyl alcohol?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Here is the way that I do it

CJ, Tampo is paint that was applied directly over the body color.
The only issues that come up are if it is on a plastic body part as this can lead to damage.
Also, I have never had one but some cars are clear coated over the Tampo.

Decals are just like what comes on plastic model kits. It is a fully printed water slide that is applied in its entirety instead of each individual color like the tampo.

Decals can be scraped off with your fingernail.

Eddwin, I can't answer your question about the alchohol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts