DiecastXchange Forum banner

Rennsport Reunion - Porsche, Porsche, Porsche, Porsche....

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mark 
#1 ·
My son, that lucky kid, just got back from the Rennsport Reunion down at Laguna Seca and has begun posting his photos. This would have been a great event to attend (if only I could have...).

If you continue clicking through these and reach the orange and white GT3 RSR hybrid, you've entered the potfolio of pictures from the ALMS event at the same track a few weeks ago...(good shots also!)

Enjoy!

Mark

See less See more
#3 ·
I was going to drive out from Ohio for it, but just got tied up. I flew down for Rennsport III in Daytona in 2007. These are great events. Certainly for any Porsche fan to put that notch on your belt at least once. RR IV looked like a great time.

#4 ·
I was at Rennsports in Limerock some years ago and actually still have the autographed poster up on the wall next to my desk.

Man, when they lined up all the 956 & 962Cs on the front straight I was in absolute heaven. That and seeing Mark Donohue's 917 CanAm driving around just blew my mind. One of these days I'm going to hit up another one with the wife. You're son is a lucky boy and I'll be checking out those photos after I'm done marking 190 midterm tests..

#5 ·
Great stuff, Mark...thanks for sharing. Those pics are excellent!

I LOVE that shot of the 917K & 908/02 heading into the corkscrew....fantastic!

Also like the front shot of the New Man 956. Minichamps needs to release that one...can't believe its taken this long.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, that Minichamps Porsche 956 has the Rothmans decals!!! Oh, wait...

It's weird seeing so many classic racing cars with PASSENGERS. Also loved seeing the Lola-Aston Martins going at it in the Corkscrew during the ALMS race.

Great pics by your son, Mark!

#13 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I don't like to brag (for him), but I can't help myself. I'm watching his skills improve with almost every shoot he does and just want to share with work with other enthusiasts. He's pretty much doing this as a hobby right now, but I'm hoping he'll be able to land some kind of gig when he graduates from college that will make use of these skills!

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.