DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -- I'm new hear so apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. :)

I was wondering if anyone here has managed to successfully change/remove the wheels of their 1/18 Kyosho F40? I don't really fancy the black OZ wheels and would rather replace them with the stock F40 wheels. Being a complete novice at customization of any sort I would love to learn how to do so without damaging the model.

Also, any recommendations on where I could buy compatible wheels from? Would a set of 1/18 Enkei wheels be OK?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Why did you buy the LW if you didn't like the rims? I thought that was a big point of the LW?

There are quite a few custom F40 mods on here. I might suggest using the search feature in the upper right hand corner for past work.

If you do replace your rims might I suggest donating them or offering them for sale here first? Many other members would probably like a set of those rims.

Good luck

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why did you buy the LW if you didn't like the rims? I thought that was a big point of the LW?

There are quite a few custom F40 mods on here. I might suggest using the search feature in the upper right hand corner for past work.

If you do replace your rims might I suggest donating them or offering them for sale here first? Many other members would probably like a set of those rims.

Good luck
Thanks. I only bought the LW because I couldn't find any black non-LW versions of the regular Kyosho F40 -- I'm not even sure if they exist -- also I prefer the perspex windows. I did search the forum and there are people who did customize theirs but I couldn't find a thread where they described how they replaced the wheels or where they purchased the alternates from. I'll search again, maybe I missed something the first time around.

I'll def offer them for sale here if I do mange to change them, right now it doesn't seem too likely however. Perhaps it would be easier to just buy a regular KY F40 (if I can find any) and exchange the wheels.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi there
Luckily for you removing the wheels of the Kyosho F40 is REALLY easy and you have zero chances of damaging them or the car if you are carefull, doesnt need any skills.

First with the rear wheels, they are conected by an axel, so open the engine bay, hold one wheel with your hand and keep it from moving, then with the other hand pick the other wheel and start moving moving it forward or backward while you gently pull, soon you will have both wheel off and the axel attached to one of them.

Now for the front wheels, you will need a small slot screw driver (i recommed one with magnetic head because it will be easier to put the screw back). This is very easy when you understand what to do, first, turn the car upside down and watch the wheel from inside face, just between the suspension arms you will see a little screw, turn the wheel and you will see that the screw moves with it, so you have use the slot screwdriver to hold lock in position, while you turn the wheel with your hand, this will unscrew the wheel, do the same with the other.

All you have to do now is find another rims and try to copy the mechanism of the original rims to have a perfect fit and funcionallity.

These are my 2 F40s, i like the stock windows so i used the LW rims in a stock F40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts