DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Love my Spark models. They got me into the resin side of the hobby since no one was making a lot of diecast race cars.

On a side note... anyone know what materials Tecnomodel uses??? I have a few and some feel like resin and others like a composite plastic which make them pretty shiny and light.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think comparing resin models to Autoart´s composite (ABS) material really comes down to how much do you, as a collector, value opening parts.

I have always seen resin models as a supercar parked at a street. You can go around it and take pictures but thats about it.
Whereas a full opening model is a supercar that you can have access to and interact with the different things.

Also if you care about the mechanical parts of the car, opening models are the only choice.
On the other hand resin non-opening models do not have to worry about the interior parts so much so they spend most of their budget on the outside.

In my case, I only buy full opening models and have never even contemplated buying a resin model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What a great analogy between opening vs non-opening diecasts @takumiae86.

In my case, I only buy full opening models and have never even contemplated buying a resin model.
Initially I was open to sealed models, but after some time reviewing what's out there I'm less likely to purchase one unless the subject matter is offered no where else. I love looking at engines, especially multi-barrel carburetors, and being able to closely inspect interiors with the added bonus of those diecasts that have moving seats, openable glove boxes, etc.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts