DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been searching on ebay and have found a few Revell models and was wondering if they r any good e.g. can you mod them i have heard that the AUTOart models have screws on them and was also wondering if Revell have screws on there models :feedback
cheers
:fight ben (holden kid) :fight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revell isn't as good as AUTOart,
they're more budget models. Your'e better off modding cheap models first so if you f*** the thing up, it's not a as much a loss as if u ruined a good model. and a cheap model can be brought up to AUTOart levels with some xtra effort :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben Id buy a cheap Revell or Maisto like i said and mod a few of them before ya go trying to mod an e3xpensive and collectable model mate..... Would be a bit of a waste if ya stuff one up on a good one.... More than likely ya would end up ditching it

Buy there Corvette and mod that fitst then try something else

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revell models have quite a range. They've been manufacturing models since the early 90s, so the quality then is certainly different from what the factory's putting out now. Quality-wise, I'd rank them with Sunstar and Yat Ming.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Revell's quality is not the best out there, its just their models are rare in US, and some have been discontinued. Thats why Revell models on eBay are more expensive then usual.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
The company that was the importer for Revell split with them and there is not a regular distributer for the line in the states right now.

Or, so I have been told.

I just got a Revell today and I would have to say the quality is rather poor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Gang, I recently came upon a revell 1/18 Porsche 917 Die Cast Kit...I had not seen this one before, but before I purchased it, I was wondering if anyone has this, and what kind of quality would it be? It is in kit form, so I would have to put it together...but since I don't have any revell die casts, I am not sure how detailed this is. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks, Matt :feedback

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't purchased the kit yet..I think it is long out of production...I was just wondering if it was worth buying. Didn't know if the detail might be compared to an Eagle's Race? Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the biggest market for Revell is the 1:24 plastic kits. I bet you can find plenty of them in any hobby shop or toy stores. However, I haven't seen 1:18 kit from Revell before. :confused

Anyways, Eagle Race and Revell have a close bond. I am sure someone here can explain more. I wouldn't be surprise that the kit you saw was the same as ER's 917K but in pieces. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I have a Mustang kit from Revell, and I consider it to be a little better then a Bburago kit, so don't expect much. But of course the end result is directly proportional to your ability, so YMMV.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Are you sure its not the Jouef/Universal Hobbies/Eagles Race 917 made in kit form?
I think Revell is somehow tied in with them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think Revell does the same car as Jouef/ER/whatever, but in kit form. I've seen it before (didn't buy it), cause it has a sealed body (or only doors open, I don't know :confused )
I think it depends on the price you're paying for it. If it's a good price, buy it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts