DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Here is my first review ever done on DiecastXChange, as well as the first I think of this model on here. Let me just say that for a budget model, this set is really great, and scale aside (bear in mind, its 1/24, not 1/18), its still very good value for the money. Welly is offering the V12 Vantage in Red and a Metallic Silver/Grey color. Both have black interior, tampograph logos (ala the Hot Wheels Vantage V8). Opening hood, doors, but no trunk opening (not surprised in this scale). The paint applications on my examples are very good I must say, and very smooth. The black hood vents are very spot on, and brake calipers even say Aston Martin on them, as well as the engine cover (engine is nicely detailed BTW, but the hood doesn't open too high, and its hard to get a good photo of it. The exhaust and back end of the car looks really good, the tail lights are really even and well done, as are all the logos. My only little grip (which ive seen on other Welly reviews), is that the rims look more "plastic" then aluminum..but this is minor to me because they really did a wonderful job everywhere else. Interior is nicely detailed, albeit hard to photograph. I would say these are definitely good "place holders" for the Autoart Vantage V12, especially if your looking to get a version of this car now and not pay a lot of money. It would be nice if it was 1/18, but I'm not complaining. For a budget model, I feel they were worth the wait, and defintely stand on their own as great models. Good job Welly!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Somehow the clear tail lights on these Astons suit it, but they look rice on most other cars imo.
I agree. For some reason they really work on newer Aston Martin models. This model looks very nice, and it looks like Welly's 1:24 models are getting better just like their 1:18 releases. Their subject matter choices are great as well. I only wish some of their 1:24 models were also offered in 1:18 scale. The Jaguar XJ and XF come to mind, because as much as I like them, I don't see other manufacturers jumping to add them to their 1:18 lineups anytime soon. Welly's models have advanced to the point where you don't feel like you're settling for a budget model when you buy one, and they offer great value for the money.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Great little review EvolutionVIII - thanks for taking the time to share your observations and all the pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts