DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a beautifully crafted model by Classic Carlectables of the Castrol-Perkins VY Commodore entry in the Bathurst 1000 race of 2004 driven by the father/son combo of Jim and Steven Richards.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Jim is a 7 time Bathurst winner and Steven has won it twice so it was a pretty good pairing!

Classics have put a lot of fine detail in this model.My favourite is the removable engine cover which reveals an exquisitely detailed V8 'power plant'.

The cockpit detail is magnificent too from the roll cage,the 6 point harness in the seat and all the various gauges,it's all there in glorious 1/18 scale.

I also love the livery on this one,very striking.
This car is known in Australia as the 'Roo' car because as it was travelling at about 180kmh a Kangaroo decided to jump out onto the track!!(Bathurst is a country town).The result was massive damage on the front of the car and one rather dead kangaroo.Surprisingly,Jim managed to crawl it back to the pits and the car was patched up to enable it to finish the race!

I love this model and I only paid $80 for it! (RRP is $195)
:cheers
Tony.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Fantastic model, great detail and all a real bargain as well - congratulations Tony!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Dave,it's a shame u can't get these models that easily in the UK,but at least u get all the wonderful Minichamps and Exoto models,We have to wait an eternity to see any and even then we don't get them all(especially the ciggy sponsored ones)
Might be worth having a look at the aussie ebay maybe?(for the V8Supercars that is)Not all postage prices are bad.
:cheers
Tony.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Tony. I guess its swings and roundabouts really. We don't seem to get a bad selection here, though not always at a great price compared to the US. Maybe I will consider taking a look at ebay australia and see what's available. I might be able to bear the shipping costs for one of these some time. Depends how much I'd need to pay for the car itself though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.