DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone, I'm new to the board.

Does any manfuc make a late model (current generation) 1/18th scale of the Rolls Royce Phantom? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
:welcome to DX! As far as I know, the only RR 1/18 made have been a '76 by Bburago and a '61 Silver cloud by Solido. Unfortunately they are off scale like 1:20-1:22.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
There seemed to be alot of talk last year about a 1:18th new Phantom coming out in 2005 but so far it hasn't turned up. The source of the info was a poster who had alot of info about forthcoming BMW models (I can't remember his name but I think he worked for BMW). Generally his predictions were accurate, but so far no new Roller!!!

Welcome to DX by the way! :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:iagree Welcome! :cheers

I've heard that the model won't be released until early next year, around March :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
402 Posts
:welcome to the forums friend. This is a great place to get info on diecasts, and to ask for some help. I too wish for a new Phantom. We haven't heard from the fellow who was telling us about the upcoming model. Only time will tell, I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
There is an extremely long thread on this model at a site called diecastcentral. It was started by someone using the handle Munchen who apparently works for BMW. For a long time the manufacturer was said to be Kyosho and then in late 2004 or early 2005 it was said to now actually be AutoArt. I just checked the thread at diecastcentral and the latest from Munchen (posted 9/21/05) seems to indicate that 1/18 and 1/43 models are ready to go but now there is some kind of licensing issue. It had been a long time since I had checked the thread and it has gotten very long so I did not dig through it to see if there was any other references to this problem.

At the rate this is going the model will hit the market after the real car gets a face lift or even after the next generation goes on sale (there are already spy shots out of the upcoming face lift which I believe is due for the 2007 model year). The model is certainly living up to the name Phantom.

Here is a link to the thread at diecastcentral:

http://www.diecastcentral.co.uk/forum/view...der=asc&start=0

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all for the welcomes and helpful info! Hopefully they'll release a phantom model soon.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
:welcome to the boards! I believe Rolls Royce is very private about what licenses they give out. Many of those very high quality companies charge a lot. McLaren, Bugatti, Dauer, etc. I however have one of the only 1:18 Rollers around: the Bburago Camargue. It really leaves a lot to be desired as far as quality goes.

Oh, and Cobalt1959, I LOVE your sig! Vector rules! :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Many of those very high quality companies charge a lot. McLaren, Bugatti, Dauer, etc. I however have one of the only 1:18 Rollers around: the Bburago Camargue. It really leaves a lot to be desired as far as quality goes.
The Camargue is not 1:18 . :badidea

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got wondering about this one today so I checked diecastcentral for an update. the latest is that supposedly the models are ready to go in both 1/43 and 1/18 (including models for both the short wheelbase and long wheelbase) and that an official announcement is coming in December and then the models will be released for sale. Sounds a lot like what happened with the AutoArt Bugatti models where those were apparently completed and sitting on shelves in a warehouse for months before the final details were worked out and the models put on sale. Hopefully they will be out soon.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts