DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Once again, Ronan's pictures caused me to spend even more $$$. I just had to have one of these. :tempted I had given up hope for a while, thinking that all 1,998 of these had already been sold, but luckily I found a store on eBay that still had some. After CollectorX made the arrangements (Thanks, man :cheers), I finally had my hands on my very own...

Supercar Collectibles 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A

This model looks very good at first sight, but upon further inspection, its humble origins (probably ERTL) show themselves. Don't get me wrong - it has a lot of nice touches (plush carpeting, ultra-realistic, spring-loaded hood hinges, and gotta-have-'em hoodpins), but those are only accompanied by flaws. The hood is plastic, the chrome trim is indifferently and poorly applied, and the fit and finish leaves something to be desired (the right headlamp lens was not completely glued in and consequently rattles around inside the front grill. :help ) A very cool piece to have and look at, but definitely not on the same level as GMP. I paid $60 for mine, which even I feel is a little steep, but if you want a nice model of the Challenger and don't want just a plain-Jane ERTL, it's pretty much worth it. :mine

(More pictures in the Muscle Car/Hot Rod subforum. :wink )

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Speedfiend - it looks good in that color

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Mox! Thanks, Jonson! :cheers :cheers Yeah, B5 Blue is the only way to go. :cool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Oops! What goes around, comes around, I guess. :lol Hopefully you can find one. It'd go great with your collection.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats Derek you got a good score there! :cheers
I don't think that the plastic hood is a flaw. I believe that the 1:1's have a fiberglass hood to save weight so HW61 was trying to immitate that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.