DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Orphan Models today released the Rothmans decals for the recently released Minichamps Porsche 956. However, they have both the front and rear Rothmans crests the same size while from the photos I've studied, the rear crest should be the same size as on the '83, or significaltly larger than the front crest of the '82. Nonetheless, you'll probably never notice the difference unless you're a perfectionist. The decals are available for $8 + S&H at:
Here :cheers

I think at least two other people are also going to be making these decals.

Update- Pattosplace.com has just released a set for $16. It looks like he got the crests right but the font isn't 100%; look at the R in Rothmans which is supposed to come to a sharp point in the center.
It's kind of hard to find on his website: click on decals P-Z, scroll about 2/3 of the way down and look for "Rthmans-Porsche 956 Conversion set 1982". It's marked with a yellow "new" star. :cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
Now that the decals are becoming ready from different manufacturers maybe we could post in this thread pictures of the real car to show location of the logos? What does everyone think?

Here's one that I found.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well spotted, Bob. I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. I have already bought a set of decals in eBay ( Item number: 7394562765 - two sets still available at time of posting), and now I see that the font isn't correct either. Maybe I'll have to get the Orphan ones too and use a mixture of them to end up with the correct combination...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.