DiecastXchange Forum banner

RSQuattro Collection - Racers, Supercars and Classics... and lots of details!

20K views 163 replies 24 participants last post by  RSQuattro 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally i am taking some time to show my beloved collection of this little beauties we like so much in here.

When i was a kid i had some 1/24 Burago Ferraris, Jaguar and other models, who got lost over time. My love for scale models remained and some two years ago i decided to start my collection when i moved to my new home. I already had one model before i started my collection: The 1/12 Ferrari 288 GTO from Tamiya, which i really love to bits until this day.

I started with lower priced models from Maisto and Burago again but i quickly realised that my truly satisfaction was admiring the small details more than having the cars as ornaments in my living room.
So mostly of my collection now is consisted on open models i consider having great details or/and that have some personal appeal to me.

I hope you enjoy! (i am gonna start posting in chronological order of purchase) so more goodies, and others not so much, will be shown with time.

See less See more
#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Another Ferrari sequence.

HWE Ferrari 458 Spider. The colour combo is killer.

Kyosho Ferrari 575 GTC - Mega exterior and nice interior, but disappointing engine details.

Kyoho Ferrari 365 GTB - Classy and elegant.

Kyosho Ferrari 328 GTB - Couldn't be more eighties. Great engine details.

HWE Ferrari 250 California - more pics

HWE Ferrari 599 GTO - One of my favorites from Hotwheels, very nice model

CMC Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa - Amazing details as always from CMC

Finally, a pair of Ferrari F1 cars of Kimi Raikkonen and Charles Leclerc

#23 ·
Autoart 190 SL - Love this one, a bit of a unexpected purchase. Such a delight to admire, high point from Autoart.

Autoart Lamborghini Murcielago SV. A pair of rubber seatbelts away from greatness. Why Autoart, why?

Autoart Mclaren 12C GT3 - People usually overlook this great model. But make no mistake, this is one hell of a model. Possibly the greatest steering wheel replication i've seen in a 1/18 scale model.

Another holy grail for me, Autoart Mclaren F1 LM. One of my favorites cars of all time. Love the representation Autoart made, it looks so sharp and well made. On top of that, the lovely orange color.

#145 ·
Autoart 190 SL - Love this one, a bit of a unexpected purchase. Such a delight to admire, high point from Autoart.

Autoart Lamborghini Murcielago SV. A pair of rubber seatbelts away from greatness. Why Autoart, why?

Autoart Mclaren 12C GT3 - People usually overlook this great model. But make no mistake, this is one hell of a model. Possibly the greatest steering wheel replication i've seen in a 1/18 scale model.

Another holy grail for me, Autoart Mclaren F1 LM. One of my favorites cars of all time. Love the representation Autoart made, it looks so sharp and well made. On top of that, the lovely orange color.

Love the F1 LM! I regret not getting this model years ago. Now they are so expensive. I do have the regular version in Platinum silver though. What a great collection you have!

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Autoart Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Who can resist this pretty face?

Nice butt...

Minichamps Opel Omega 3000 24V DTM 1991

Minichamps Mclaren M23 Emerson Fittipaldi World Champioship Winner 1974

Autoart Lotus 99 T Ayrton Senna 1987 Season - Really great details, amazing engine display, AUTOart really surprised me on this one

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Autoart Koenigsegg Regera - I have mixed feelings about this one. It has a amazing display presence, the color is one, if not the best painting of my collection; seriously, in person it looks really incredible.
But for the price, those details... oh my. Molded plastic everywhere, poor engine display, front trunk with no capert and the interior is pure plasctic. This is a Koeningsegg representation, is should be better. And this is a us300 model. But the details are not up to a 100 dollar Millenium model.
In the end i still like it very much, it's a 360 access model for half of the price of a equivalent Frontiart. The door mechanism is great. For the current state of the model scale makert, it surely has its place. Could be better? Surely.

The next one is for me the best model of 2020, even better than their own Pagani Huayra. The LCD Models Mclaren 600 LT. Great price, astonishing full "alcantara" interior, no molded plastic to emultate carbon fiber. All the carbon details is made very shiny, much closer to BBR than the AUTOart in this aspect.
Engine details are great, The packaging is very high end. Retractable side mirrors, orange "stitching" everywhere inside, openable fuel cap, movable rear spoiler, carbon bucket seats. This model has everything. If there is one weak point, is the lack of mesh grill in the rear lights. Everything else is top notch. Just love it.

To finish my small orange Mclaren group(so far) is the Mclaren P1 by Autoart. Nice model, very nice pearl effect paiting. Engine details not as bad as people say. Finish is excellent if a little plasticky inside. I like the "composite" idea of Autoart. It gives the the body lines a nice realistic look, gives the opening parts a very secure feeling, doors and hood stay up forever. If AUTOart can recapture their attention to details they will have stellar models. Overall this is a good model, but not close to the LCD 600LT.