DiecastXchange Forum banner
81 - 100 of 164 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 ·
One of my most antecipated purschases of the year, this was a model i spent a long time looking for one brand new. It joins the Ferrari big scale family with full access in my collection. I hope someday someone decides to make a Porsche 918 Spyder and a Ferrari LaFerrari with 360 access.

Well to the model... this is an oldie from Tamiya semi assembled series, but looks incredibly nice by today's standard. It's one of the best looking scale model cars i've ever seen.
The paint job is amazing and the color is really special, closer to the Liquid Metal Silver from the 918 Spyder than a regular silver. There is this carbon pattern everwhere. The interior looks like leather and there some metal pieces that look like the 1:1 car. Wheels, rotors and pads look spot on, branded and all.
Engine detail is very clean like the real car, but very well done. The "frunk", from the pics i've seen, looked very plasticly, but it's not. The material used tries to emulate leather, so nice. The inside door panels are a work of art. As are the headlights. But as no model is perfect, far from it, this one has his weak points:
  • The rear end coud be lower.
  • The rear clamshell fitment is not good on both sides.
  • The doors are inexplicable flimsy. The worst of all Tamiya assembled models, diecast or not.
  • Overall the model is not as sturdy as the Enzo or the GTO from Tamiya. This was disapointing, but not a deal breaker.
In the end i just loved this model, it's everything a collector would wish from this hobby.

Discussion starter · #84 · (Edited)
Another 1/12 and another Mercedes to keep my big scale family growing. The SLS from Premium Classixxs. More humble than the spectacular 300 SL, but still an interesting purchase. To me, the point of this one is that has(or had at the time of it's release) a low price for a 1/12 scale with full 360Âş access. Because it's not the most detailed nor the most refined model out there. But when you consider that is priced the same as a 1/18 from Autoart or Kyosho, it's an exceptional proposition and great value. In terms of detail and execution i would put it below a Millenium Series Autoart but above the average Kyosho 1/18.
The exterior is spot on, crispy lines, correct proportions and tight shutlines. Some vents are lacking real mesh grills, the wipers could be better, but apart from that, the exterior is really great. The wheels and tires are a stand out. The interior is honest, very well made and the materials used on the seats are great, looks like soft leather, impressive. The engine bay is ok, not Millenium levels of details, but better than many AMG 6.2 block representations seen out there. One curious observation about this specific colour, it that it looks like a common mettalic blue in the pics, but in person is kind of "greenish" blue. I would call it a very special colour.
Well in the end , for the sheer presence and size, and the amount details present, this model is a very nice addition to my collection, and more important, it shows that manufactures used to provide more for much less money in a not so distant past. Well done Premium Classixxs.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
I am little late with my updates, the next one is from the 1/12 family, the AA Bugatti Chiron. Blue with beige interior. Less agressive than other colours combos, but the contrast makes up for it.
The model itself it's the usual composite Autoart business, the exterior is almost faultless, perfect shape, beautiful paiting.Details made in matt chrome look great. Mesh grills all around.
The interior is very nice, all plastic but nice leather representation. The gauges are a let down since they are just a printed sticker.
Engine details are fine at best. It looks good from above, but lack the depth of AA of old.
In this day and age of crazy prices, this model represents a nice value for the money. In the shelf, it's stunning, on a closer look, it's just good, not great.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive side-view mirror
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Car Vehicle Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Material property
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Steering part
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Blue White Hood
Tire Vehicle Car Grille Hood
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design
Hood Automotive design Computer hardware Auto part Electric blue

Discussion starter · #87 · (Edited)
Next one is from the good old days of Autoart. The Jaguar XJ13. What an amazing little thing. Don't have too much to add on this one, as it's very well known by the members here.
On a more personal note, it amazes me how some old models like this shows how much effort they used to put into their offers. And for a very fair price(at the time
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Input device Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal protective equipment Hood
Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Some great 1/12 additions - especially love the red Gullwing MB, but as a 1/18 collector the Jaguar resonates strongest with me. This is Autoart at it's greatest - great casting, subject type, detail and durability (no where near as fragile as some of their most recent releases. I have owned one of these Jaguars for over 15 years and got lucky at the time. However I had an opportunity to add a second at a bargain basement price. Felt really guilty at the time with the asking price and informed the then seller to charge more or keep it long term. This is one diecast that will certainly appreciate in the future - it is that good!

Discussion starter · #89 ·
Some great 1/12 additions - especially love the red Gullwing MB, but as a 1/18 collector the Jaguar resonates strongest with me. This is Autoart at it's greatest - great casting, subject type, detail and durability (no where near as fragile as some of their most recent releases. I have owned one of these Jaguars for over 15 years and got lucky at the time. However I had an opportunity to add a second at a bargain basement price. Felt really guilty at the time with the asking price and informed the then seller to charge more or keep it long term. This is one diecast that will certainly appreciate in the future - it is that good!
Thanks for the comment, and nice gesture mate! I wish more people be like you!

Discussion starter · #90 ·
The first of my Ferrari 1/12 family, those are the models i hold most dearly. I will start with the model i consider the least succesfull reproduction. It's the first Ferrari Tamiya released and the second 1/12 assembled model they made. The quality is there, but details are poorer and execution is not up to the next models they released. Exterior is fine, almost great, but the rear mesh grill is a big misstep, looks like a Maisto. Apart from that, the lines are crisp, the paiting is very good and overall shape is correct.
The interior and engine details are much better, just not amazing. But there are carbon fiber decals in several parts, no moulded carbon to be seen, nice effort in a such old model.
The seats looks amazing, with cloth details on the shoulder area like the real thing. The dash is all covered in alcatara replication material, and the shift knob in carbon decal. Nice.
In the end this model is not as good as it should be given the importance of the real car, but it's the best open, full access F50 there is, excluding of course the 1:8 Amalgam replica.
To me, well, it was a must have. Love it, despite all it's flaws. Just like a real Ferrari.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Toy
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Grille
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light Hood
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering wheel Steering part
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive lighting Hood Trunk Bumper Grille
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Auto part Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Auto part
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire White
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive design

Discussion starter · #91 ·
I am finally taking some time to show my second Ferrari in 1/12 scale. Another semi-assembled model from Tamiya, the Enzo is in another league compared to the F50 in terms of details and execution. To me this is one of those all time great models. It does have it's shortcomings of course, but considering the original car and the product ofered by Tamiya, this model has a special place among the best i've seen. At least, among the best of my collection.
The exterior is bombastic, the car is low, the lines are faultless, the paiting is near perfect, the wheels and tires are spot on. The doors mechanism is great. They open very smoothly and realistic.
The model is full of details everywhere, including parts that won't be seen after the car is fully assembled. Engine details are amazing, very complete. Everything is there, carbon decals, cables, stickers, functional suspension, fuel cap, eletronic control for the dampers. Wow.
One aspect that could be better is the exhaust system, it's too chrome and shiny.
The interior looks very good, very detailed and well made. The steering wheel should be better represented though, with nicer decals of the buttons and the colour is too grey. The steering wheel of the F50 is black, it looks more realistic than the "greyish" steering of the Enzo. Other point of observation is the lack of carbon decal here and there.
So as you can see, to me, this model has not too many faults, it looks amazing, has a ton of details, the package is very special. And it's the Enzo! I could not have asked for much more.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Vehicle Car Hood Toy Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive design
Vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Gear shift Automotive design
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car Automotive design
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Car
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Toy Hood
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Discussion starter · #92 ·
I love to celebrate some "underdog" models that turns out to be truly great. Some i consider being on this category are the TSM Porsche 935 and 936/77, the LCD Mclaren 600LT, the Premium Classixxs Mercedes SLS and now this Jargermesiter Schuco Porsche 934. Those models are not from the top brands like Autoart, CMC or Exoto, and nevetheless they are models that have sensational details, upscale packaging(certificate, gloves, branded cleaning cloth, nice outer box, so on), and mainly, are priced very agressively.
In the case of this Schuco 934, the price is shockingly low, given how awesome the model is. I know people mentioned this Schuco is an old Exoto mold(as other models i cited above), but who is complaing? The execution is Schuco's. And price's too.
The only let down of this model is the poor interior, too plasticity, no alcantara reproduction to be seen as the Exoto version had. But other than that, the details are on par or even better than the Exoto, as we can verify on the pics. I don't know how this one was not on my radar before.

Get one before they are gone.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive design
Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Hood Car Vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Plant Car Automotive lighting Hood
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Motor vehicle Bag Luggage and bags Automotive design Gas
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Orange Automotive design Bumper
Input device Guitar accessory Musical instrument Mouse Gadget

Discussion starter · #93 ·
The model is the usual old AA Milenium business. Great quality and lovely details.
I saw somewhere that this model was priced at more or less us$ 60 at the time of its release. What a great value.
There is this natural "flow" about this old AA offers, everything seems so right. The exterior lines, the chrome details, the wheels. In the interior there is no shiny plastic, the dash detail is, again, so natural, so well made and realistic. This is not the matter of "diecast vs composite" argument so present nowadays, it's the attention to detail that is absent in the new models and that make those old models so desirable.
Lovely, just lovely.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Hood Steering wheel Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Toy
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Hood
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Discussion starter · #94 · (Edited)
More or less one year ago i was about to purchase the AA Huayra BC, after i could not find their Signature regular Huayra. I was a bit reluctant, since i thought the Signature version was a bit better even if the BC looked hotter. Then i saw a video of this future release from LCD and i was sold. I gave up on the AA and waited this to come out. Well it took longer than i woud've like it, but it's finally here. And orange was the colour i was strucked on. Flashy, vulgar, exagerated. Exactly what i wanted for this model, so i passed on the default silver and the almost "common" red. The Mclaren 600 LT from LCD was one of my biggest surprises on this hobby and it's one of my favorite models of modern sports cars. So i had high expectations from this newer offer. I can say i just plain love it. In person the orange is stunning. The exterior has so many flourishes and add ons that is a real pleasure to stare to the model. Carbon side slips, small badges everywhere, red accents on the mirrors, on the spoilers, on the rear diffuser. Together with the glossy carbon everywhere, there is so much to see. The wheels and tires are maybe the best i've seen on a 1/18 scale. If not the best, pretty close. The acantara replication LCD makes in the 600 LT and now here it's lovely.
Two downsides comes from the interior, and to be honest, unexcusable. First the cabin tub that supposed to be carbon decal but its molded plastic(shocking) and the middle of the seats that are glossy and shiny.. But it's not enough to compromise such a brilliant model, and it undercuts the Autoart version in terms of price, and in my opinion, is on another level. To me it's on par with the Almost Real Zond F, it's better in some areas and worst in others.
Another strike from LCD.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Toy
Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Tire
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Grille
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Orange Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Light Motor vehicle Speedometer
White Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Steering wheel
Sunglasses Hood Automotive lighting Goggles Bag
Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Toy
Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Tire
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Grille
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Orange Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Light Motor vehicle Speedometer
White Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Steering wheel
Sunglasses Hood Automotive lighting Goggles Bag
Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Hood
Automotive tire Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Black Hood
Sports equipment Toy Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel
Sports equipment Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Toy

A curiously diverse collection, reminds me of my own years ago prior downsize. Even share some of the same models (XJ13, AA Alfa33, BBR 375 though my is #4 from LeMans). Just curious as to what is your interest in collecting? You got sports cars, street cars, race cars, oldies, newer, etc. Like a fine salad... my own interest is simple - car design- a lifelong passion and I almost went to study it but ended switching to architecture. What's yours? How come you've got a model of drivel undistinguished Murcielago as well as "noble" 375plus? The AA model of Nissan's siluette series is great as a model but again- as a car, it is, well, a curio at best that was raced only domestically in Japan, and is not nearly as important, or as distinguished, or as innovative, as say Jaguar XJ13 the model of which- also by AA, is less detailed, but still superior because of its better "stance", it's far more complex and technically challenging shape, and, frankly, the car itself. Anyways, an interesting collection though I do not really see the "why". Cheers!

Discussion starter · #97 · (Edited)
A curiously diverse collection, reminds me of my own years ago prior downsize. Even share some of the same models (XJ13, AA Alfa33, BBR 375 though my is #4 from LeMans). Just curious as to what is your interest in collecting? You got sports cars, street cars, race cars, oldies, newer, etc. Like a fine salad... my own interest is simple - car design- a lifelong passion and I almost went to study it but ended switching to architecture. What's yours? How come you've got a model of drivel undistinguished Murcielago as well as "noble" 375plus? The AA model of Nissan's siluette series is great as a model but again- as a car, it is, well, a curio at best that was raced only domestically in Japan, and is not nearly as important, or as distinguished, or as innovative, as say Jaguar XJ13 the model of which- also by AA, is less detailed, but still superior because of its better "stance", it's far more complex and technically challenging shape, and, frankly, the car itself. Anyways, an interesting collection though I do not really see the "why". Cheers!
First thanks for comenting in my thread, i really apreciate it. Well, the points you raised are very interesting. Curiously i went for the oposite direction from you, first i wanted to study architecture but i ended graduating in industrial design. I think you got precisely my goal with my collection, i just love car design, and because of this, there is simply too much to apreciate. Of course Ferraris in general set the standard for "historical importance", so part of my collection is focused, or was focused on the italian brand. But what i am atracted the most when i choose a model is the level of detail considering the price, and when i say level, it's not just the amount, but if the model presents itself in a interesting way. It's like a combination of how a model looks in miniature. One example that comes to mind is the AA Porsche 993. The real car is ok, nothing out of this world, but the model was so deliciously made, the shape is so correct, the details so natural, the colour combo(Blue with cream interior) so handsome that even to this day i just love to stare at this model. And its just a simple AA Porsche 993. Not a Pagani, nor is a Exoto.
Sure, there are many real cars that stir my heart the most, like Alfas, Mclaren F1, Ferrari F40 and so on. One curious thing about this hobby is more or less mentioned in your comment, is that sometimes some lesser real cars make really great scale model. Hence the Nissan Silluette, or the Mclaren Senna, which i don't like in 1/1, but the model looks amazing.

81 - 100 of 164 Posts