DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I love the CMC Testarossa, as of course I would. I like the idea of adding one again but so many suffer from nasty rash on the bonnet and boot. How does yours look?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Autoart 190 SL - Love this one, a bit of a unexpected purchase. Such a delight to admire, high point from Autoart.

Autoart Lamborghini Murcielago SV. A pair of rubber seatbelts away from greatness. Why Autoart, why?

Autoart Mclaren 12C GT3 - People usually overlook this great model. But make no mistake, this is one hell of a model. Possibly the greatest steering wheel replication i've seen in a 1/18 scale model.

Another holy grail for me, Autoart Mclaren F1 LM. One of my favorites cars of all time. Love the representation Autoart made, it looks so sharp and well made. On top of that, the lovely orange color.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What a line-up of Ferraris. I really like the black/red colour combo of the AutoArt 190SL, which contrasts nicely with the mesh grill. I am quite curious of your display set-up which is sort of teased in the background of some of these photos.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Autoart Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Who can resist this pretty face?

Nice butt...

Minichamps Opel Omega 3000 24V DTM 1991

Minichamps Mclaren M23 Emerson Fittipaldi World Champioship Winner 1974

Autoart Lotus 99 T Ayrton Senna 1987 Season - Really great details, amazing engine display, AUTOart really surprised me on this one

·
Registered
204 Posts
Autoart Koenigsegg Regera - I have mixed feelings about this one. It has a amazing display presence, the color is one, if not the best painting of my collection; seriously, in person it looks really incredible.
But for the price, those details... oh my. Molded plastic everywhere, poor engine display, front trunk with no capert and the interior is pure plasctic. This is a Koeningsegg representation, is should be better. And this is a us300 model. But the details are not up to a 100 dollar Millenium model.
In the end i still like it very much, it's a 360 access model for half of the price of a equivalent Frontiart. The door mechanism is great. For the current state of the model scale makert, it surely has its place. Could be better? Surely.

The next one is for me the best model of 2020, even better than their own Pagani Huayra. The LCD Models Mclaren 600 LT. Great price, astonishing full "alcantara" interior, no molded plastic to emultate carbon fiber. All the carbon details is made very shiny, much closer to BBR than the AUTOart in this aspect.
Engine details are great, The packaging is very high end. Retractable side mirrors, orange "stitching" everywhere inside, openable fuel cap, movable rear spoiler, carbon bucket seats. This model has everything. If there is one weak point, is the lack of mesh grill in the rear lights. Everything else is top notch. Just love it.

To finish my small orange Mclaren group(so far) is the Mclaren P1 by Autoart. Nice model, very nice pearl effect paiting. Engine details not as bad as people say. Finish is excellent if a little plasticky inside. I like the "composite" idea of Autoart. It gives the the body lines a nice realistic look, gives the opening parts a very secure feeling, doors and hood stay up forever. If AUTOart can recapture their attention to details they will have stellar models. Overall this is a good model, but not close to the LCD 600LT.

·
Super Moderator
13,301 Posts
Thanks for your honest opinions of these models and as a mainly 1/12 collector the LCD is such a Great model to buy from what you say and we see in the photos. All three are Great but the LCD is moving the game on and will be a future classic for the collector.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for your honest opinions of these models and as a mainly 1/12 collector the LCD is such a Great model to buy from what you say and we see in the photos. All three are Great but the LCD is moving the game on and will be a future classic for the collector.
Indeed, LCD is moving the game on. I recognize that Autoart has such a vast portfolio that of course they are still the industry standard. They still deserve the love they get from collectors; we get open scale models from Koenigsegg, Nissan, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Mclaren, Bugatti, with high quality and not astronomic prices thanks to Autoart today. Kyosho and Minichamps are focusing on sealed models. But if LCD can get more models on the market, with the same quality and price of the 600 LT, Autoart will have a very respectable competitor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
BBurago Signature Series Ferrari California T.

Well... it's a BBurago. For the price, has a very nice painting and good execution overall. Being a Signature, has a nice texture emulating carpet in the interior floor and trunk. The engine has some color and depth. Interior is ok. In the end, it displays nice. I believe most is willing to pay a little more and get HWE quality. But for such low price and 360 access, it's not bad at all.

Miniature stickers at the trunk, i like that!

Another BBurago Signature, Ferrari FXX K - Well made and it shows one curious thing: the way they use molded plastic to imitate carbon fiber is much better than Autoart. Again, for the price it's not bad and displays nicely.

This one is from the good old days of HWE. Ferrari 308. It shows BBurago how it's done, even if it was on another price range. I really miss HWE.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
To keep my collection going and to celebrate DX new look here are some more models:

TSM Porsche 935 Le Mans 1981 - This is a real beauty, very well made. It has an advantadge over the Exoto 935, the fact that the engine cover is removable. I like that touch. Really great details and quality.

BMW 320 DRM 1977 Fruit of the Loom livery. I have a great affection for this one, love the styling, love the color, love the details. Minichamps was on top of their game.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Minichamps Maserati Birdcage - This is a model i never thought Minichmaps were capable or willing to make. It's magnificent; of course not in the same league as the CMC equivalent, but pretty damn good. From the pics, i always had to look twice to know if it was the Minichamps or the CMC version. To me, it is a budget masterpiece.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Some models for the weekend.

Autoart Aston Martin Vantage - I bought this one almost for the engine details alone. Model overall is AA Millenium business as usual: looks very sharp inside and out, solid feel and great details.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Autoart Maserati MC12 GT1 - Another underrated model by AA. Full of nice details, get one before they are gone.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts