DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Next is a pair of very nice Nissans

First is the Autoart Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealh version - I always liked the way this version looked, all black with white details and carbon paint. Looks sinister. But after i bought it i regreted i didn't get the real racing version... too little too late.

At least it comes in a very nice box

Second Nissan is the Skyline RS Turbo Super Silhouette - Sold Out very quickly for a reason, it is a great model

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Autoart Corvette C5-R - Not AA best effort. Dogleg in the doors, not many details in the engine bay, flimsy wheels. But it looks very nice and i got it for a good price.

Autoart Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm #98 - Sweet little thing this one, I just love Alfas, even better the ones made by old Autoart.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Continuing with the models...

This other Nissan pair is a favorite of mine. Autoart Nissan R390 GT1 1998. I had an eye for the previous version for a long time, perhaps a bit too long, cause the day i decided to purchase the model, it was sold out. Ouch... so i went for the newer model, not a signature and different livery. It has the same details but not the same solid feel that is usual of a Signature Series from AA. But even so, the model is incredible. One of the best from AA.

But even more impressive than the AA R390 is the Exoto R89C Le Mans 1990. They form such a special pair.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Congrats on both AA R390 and Exoto R89C, astonishing racers! (y)

The AA C5-R is a pretty old model by now, but I think it's aged pretty well, I have a couple of them.
Thanks a lot. Yeah the C5 R is old, but for an AA, just some details could have been made a little better, yet, still it looks very nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This next one was almost a shock for me. Never new TSM was capable making quality models like this one.

TSM Porsche 936 Le Mans winner 1977.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Autoart Hennessey Venom GT - Such a good looking model, very muscular lines and a glorious engine bay. Not to mention the much missed typical Signature quality.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That red Hennessy Venom sure looks the part, though I think silver would suit the car better, but that's my opinion. The Porsche 396 is a must have for sure.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
That red Hennessy Venom sure looks the part, though I think silver would suit the car better, but that's my opinion. The Porsche 396 is a must have for sure.
I get what you mean about the color. I just have a soft spot for red on scale models supercars. And orange Mclarens :devilish:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Two new adds that arrived this week after a slow period.

First one is the Peugeot 207 Rally Car from Sun Star. A model i found almost "lost" on a local store, it grabbed my attention because of the beautiful britsh livery. It's very detailed and nicely made. It is one of those purchases that you enjoy for not spending a kidney but gets you a nice piece for display. And in these weird times when a trip to Ebay makes you come back scared it feels even better getting a well made low priced model. It even comes with a certificate, numbered and all... Nice.

Hear hatch with hidden doglegs.

They even bothered to put a mesh grill that stays hidden all the time when the bonnet is closed.

Yeah, this is a mesh grill at the front on a Maisto priced model...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Next one is the Autoart Aston Martin DB5 improved verion. It looks much better in person than in the pictures. The painting is amazing, its greysh, not fully silver, very shiny and have a nice flocking effect. The engine bay was improved and it's very detailed. Only gripe is the worn out chrome trimmings on the front and specially the rear window. The model is brand new, but very old stock.
Overall a great addition and nice replication for a real classic, a must have in every collection.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very nice, this is also one of my favourite models in my collection, despite criticisms of the overall shape. The photo-etching in the grill and wiper blades really set this revised version apart from AutoArt's previous DB5 attempts as well as others such as the one from HWE.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Very nice, this is also one of my favourite models in my collection, despite criticisms of the overall shape. The photo-etching in the grill and wiper blades really set this revised version apart from AutoArt's previous DB5 attempts as well as others such as the one from HWE.
Apart from what you pointed, there are many more differences, like side windows, no doglegs on the doors, better wheels, better interior and much improved engine details.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts