DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Driven by: Pedro Chaves (P)/Mike Newton (GB)/Thomas Erdos (BR)
Result: not classified (Did not cross finish line, transmission) (85 laps behind the winner)

These are some quick and dirty pictures until I get the hang of lighting it up better. The white parts of the car seems to have a pretty reflective sheen to it.

(new picture)

(old picture)

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Jeff. I've always loved the shape of the S7-R. This particular livery really stands out nicely compared to some of the other Le Mans S7-Rs. For $25, it was a pretty good deal considering no one else makes race version S7-Rs. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Richard :cheers In the world of 1:43s, IXO is one of those mid-range manufacturers. For the money, their cars are quite good. In terms of subject matter, they make stuff that no other manufacturers make (case in point, race version Saleen S7s).

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I dare say it's something like 1:2 or maybe even 1:3 to what we get in 1:18. :cry
If I started collecting right now, knowing what I know and if I wanted to focus more in race and Le Mans cars, I think I would go with 1:43.

G

·
1:3 wouldn't draw much of an argument.

As much as I fretted over the sealed models that AUTOart released, if they offered that Bentley that Felix posted in 1:18 scale, I would be all over it, sealed or not.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
That is just what I was thinking, Nuendo!

Sheesh, Felix, I wish I could do "quick and dirty" like that! :giggle

...wait a minute, that does not sound very good, does it??

G

·
The only problem with 1/43 is that you have too much to choose from. You definitely have to pick a theme and stick with it. Otherwise, you'll end up with hundreds, even thousands of 1/43 models before you know it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts