DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
This was the first 1:43 I bought. It's made by IXO in 1:43 and a pretty inexpensive model. It's livery really caught my eyes and I just had to get it. Little did I know this would only be the beginning of my long slide down the 1:43 slope. :giggle

(click for 800x600 images. ~100kb)

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Great pics Felix! :cheers If they ever make this one in 1/18, I will have to break my no-race car rule and pick one up.

G

·
I love that Saleen!!! :tongue
I bet it brings the Vette team some bad frustrating memories :giggle

Anyway, congratulations Felix! :happy

G

·
What a beautiful car & livery. :nicejob All shades of blue came out so nice... :happy

These beautiful pics were shot with natural light, correct? I can tell the difference now (I think). :cheers

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Souky. See an example of some cool 1:43 stuff you're missing out on? :giggle :tempted :giggle You're absolutely right about the natural light. Something tells me an overcast day might have been better to shoot in as the light would be a little more diffused. It seems a little "concentrated" in just one area of the car for each shot.

Here are a couple shots I took using halogen lights so you can see the difference. The colours seem a little more washed out.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,564 Posts
wow, nice! I really like this model! Congrats, Felix/Jeff (which one is it? :lol)

The details look as good as, if not better, than Minichamps's. How much do IXO's usually run at?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If there's trouble going on, you may call me 'Jeff'. If you're writing a check to me, 'Felix' works better. :giggle

I picked this up on eBay from a US vendor for US$18. Shipping was only $6. (That's less than half the typical shipping cost from the US to Toronto for a 1:18 car.)

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was good to see Bernhard get black flagged for that eventhough it looked like its was a bad oops on his part and not a deliberate punt. Liddell got punted earlier that morning by Max Papis in the Caddy at the same turn earlier Sunday morning too. A repeat of that scene would have really sucked.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, the price was right so I went for it. I don't know about being superhuman with the camera bit. :giggle You have no idea how many junkie shots I end up taking before getting one good one. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to pay for film developing!!! :lol :lol

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
That's a great looking Saleen. Blue on white cars always look good to me. Pics are up to your usual standards, of course.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.