DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
originally purchased this 1/18 off ebayau arrived with glued on door mirror and nasty paint chip under windscreen

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

returned for a refund but out MY return shipping costs even though i have done nothing wrong and car not "100% checked" as stated on their website

so take 2 the same car but seller in NZ
this time arrives also with paint chip on bonnet corner this time
and scratched rear castrol decal
(and i now notice bad paint on left side on bonnet chip front fender
). haven't even touched the damn thing hasn't left its clamshell even...

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Fender

pissed right off as i explained my previous bad trade with this 1/18 and he said he "checked it over again and its fine" first thing i notice is the damn chip.

MAN when I sell a diecast I mention ALL damage..i like a clean conscience

so now i will be out AGAIN return shipping costs...this car is costing me too much money and i will have nothing to show for it...

this car is NOT meant to be in my collection clearly. i am sooo over this diecast and biantes crap QC at the chinese factories...

RANT OVER as you were....

Attachments

·
Administrator
33,630 Posts
Get it sent back mate, & him to cover the cost, he's clealy either lying, or just didn't look at it properly, no way you should have to keep it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get it sent back mate, & him to cover the cost, he's clealy either lying, or just didn't look at it properly, no way you should have to keep it.
dont worry..i have no intention of keeping it, in fact i never want to see this particular diecast ever again

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you succeed in sending it back at his cost (as he SHOULD), please inform us how. Too many times I have to send damaged cars back at my own expensive.. some of them literally in 15 pieces due to awful packaging. I must know the way.

Good luck Sir!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I'm sorry for your bad luck with irresponsible vendors. I went through something like this once and didn't get a good specimen of the model I was looking for until the 4th one came in the mail. Needless to say, I'll never order from them again. Don't give up on your dream. You'll be happy once you get a nice one and some time passes.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well explained that i was gutted to seller, he is obviously cut from the same cloth as myself..."

" I'm very disappointed too that the model is not prefect as I had one of my staff check it carefully before it left, ( he must have not been wearing his glasses at the time he checked it ). I've had damage to a bonnet happen before during transit on another model which was mint when it left here as I had photos of its original condition. I think this can happen if the item is dropped by the courier however this may not be the case with this model, the damaged decal is just poor checking so I'm very sorry.

Unfortunately this was my last one so I can't offer you a replacement.

I want to help you with this so let me know what I can do. I can give you a full refund including freight to send back for its return or a partial refund of say $100 if you want to keep it. , Have a think & let me know what I can do to help. "

it cost me originally $239NZ free freight for this so refund would make it $139.
but can i live with it. figure best option would be to keep this one and wait for a genuine mint new one and resell this.

UPDATE: car now residing in my cabinet in good company next to #43 moffat rx7 and #55 787B :)
the bonnet sits a little higher on that side and closer to the fender edge, so no doubt it would have chipped when i first opened it.tampo 'castrol' damage not sooo noticable .my other biante moffat has blemishes(paint splodge under front bumper) so at least biante's QC is consistant
i have only 2 biantes so this is obviously the standard to expect from them.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
doesn't make me want to consider anymore from them. My Autoarts are perfect by comparison

1 - 7 of 7 Posts