DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these white scuff mark-like things on one of my Vette's, mostly on the top and on the windshield.

Anybody know what these are?

And how can I remove them?

·
Registered
817 Posts
FordGT said:
I have these white scuff mark-like things on one of my Vette's, mostly on the top and on the windshield.

id maybe try some light buffing with some fine cutting compund , just use a very small amount and rub ever so lightly. Ty not to scratch the plastic windscreen

G

·
Any type of abrasive cleaner will ruin the plastic in seconds , no matter how lightly you rub.....I wouldnt advise it

I also have what looks like the footprint of a tyre on my UT BMW 318is , even though I know it cant be.....very weird. Unless you want to replace it completely , my advice is to let it be

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
FordGT said:

MicroMesh cushioned abrasives (especially the 12000 grit) will work very well here. Follow up with their polishing compound. I've used this to take out scratches on my Exoto Daytona Cobra rear window...the result was almost perfect! I'd start out with the Micro-Gloss polish and if that doesn't have enough bite, then use the 12000 and finish up with the Micro-Gloss. As always, YMMV. It worked for me, but I can't guarantee similar results for you. However, it is definitely worth a try, especially if you test it on a donor car first to get the hang of it.

https://www.micro-surface.com/default.cfm?p...CRAFT&storeid=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts