DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Jeff and I'm addicted to Diecast modding.
Here's a couple of shots of a most recent conversion. It started out as an Exoto Driver's School 260 Cobra that I got off Ebay as a basket case.

Geeze ... I hope these links work out ...

(Jeff: That's great to use those linked thumbnail photos. I've stacked them in a table format so we make better use of the real estate)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard and glad to have you.

That black looks menacing :nicejob

Hope to see more of your work.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Welcome the DX Forum Jeff.
It's nice to see another modder here. Although I myself have no skills in that department, I sure admire folks who mod diecasts. How many years have you been collecting and modifying for? In time, I'd love to see your other project cars. Any sort of work-in-progress photos would be interesting too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, since you asked .....Here's a Yunick Boss from the Welly/GMP TA Mustang. The Parnelli version if I remember correctly......

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Hi Jeff, nice to see "Zon" represented!

Beautuful job on the Cobra :nicejob

Looking forward to seeing more of your work posted here, you sure have a bunch of them.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Hi Jeff!
I'm a new modder too! I've been here a while and my niche has been motorcycles but have always loved late 60s & early 70s Mopar.

Question for you, do you know of any sources for 1/24 & 1/18 rims & tires? I've started buying plastic kits and robbing wheels from them. Soon I'm going to have a storage closet full of kits without wheels!!! I've seen the 1/24 wheels that Academy/MRC puts out and am going to be ordering some soon. Do you know of anyone else who makes muscle cars rims & tire sets? I'm trying keep from canibalizing other cars.

BTW, Great looking mods! They are AWESOME!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
:welcome aboard Jeff of Zon! :cheers I would recognize that black Cobra anywhere. :giggle
Good to see you around here! And what about showing us more of Zon's most famous diecast collection?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I've thought about the casting idea too. Do you cast the rims as well as the tires? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you do a tutorial on it?

Many thanks in advance!!!!
Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome aboard JRS good to see another modder on the forum.
i my self do mod models also, atm i am fully restoring and moding a 1967 mustang (i think its a 1967) and im also fully customizing a bmw 325i, i would love to see other models u have modded.

cheers

ben

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love the Yunick Boss, is it based on a 1:1 or something you created?

Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Welcome to DX Zon! :cheers Great mods, lookinf forward to seeing more!

BTW, What is with guys named Jeff and diecast? :confused :giggle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.