DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Check out what I got today, I bought this Autoart Jag C-type of an online auction.I got it at quite good price...
When I got the parcel today, I can feel the model wasn't screwed on the plastic base. and when unpack everything I can see the model was upside on the base and the left multi spokes wheel is shatter... and also the windscreen and the tiny mirror came loose(this is easily repairable), also good some scratches on the dark green paint.

Looks the main reason of the car came off the base because the seller had used the wrong type of screws(and only 2 screws instead of 3) :pullhair

here is the picture

close up picture of the 2 screws used

I noticed this jag has a spare wheel at the rear compartment, any one know if this can be use to replace the broken wheel? :help:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's a real shame - did you contact the seller about some kind of compensation?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice tricycle :scared

Seriously though, I guess this sort of thing happens to all collectors who buy online at some point or another. On the up side, it is better to receive it damaged than to have it lost in transit. Worse comes to worse, it will still make a great 'in repair' diorama. Hope the seller comes through for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is HORRIBLE !!!! What a shame !!!
I hope you can get a replacment or replacement parts from AUTOart !! Good luck !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I have contacted the seller, he said he is going to come back to me tomorrow...
So i will keep you guys posted.

Do you guys know about the spare wheel in the trunk? can this be use to replace the broken wheel?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear and see that! I really hope the seller is reasonable afterall those are quite a few parts to be replacing. Besides you shouldn't have to use your spare tire on a 1:18 thats too realistic!

·
Registered
436 Posts
If it's ebay, make sure you let PayPal know as well if you paid through them. The car is sadly a total loss. The model is discontinued so chances of autoart to provide spare parts are very slim. Ask for compensation or even a refund.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a sad sight to see a model getting destroyed during shipping; be it a Hot Wheels or an AUTOart. I hope that the seller would help resolve the problem. :cheers

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am so sorry to see this happen. I've had my own incident but the seller came through for me so I hope your seller does the same! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'm very sorry to see those pics. This should be the definition of incompetent shipping. If he didn't have the right screws, he should have contacted LUW ( :giggle ) or even have rapped tape around the model to secure it to the base. I guess I'm quite fortunate that I have experienced nothing but very minor damage in shipment but I see these horror stories regularly. It really makes me wonder if these sellers give even the slightest thought to proper packing. What could they be thinking? :confused

As for the spare, I see it comes with a wire wheel so I would be very suprised if it would not replace the shatterd one. However, the challenge may be in salvenging the knock-off to hold the wheel in place.

In any case, I hope the seller corrects his errors. Good luck and keep us posted so we can choose to avoid him. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hi Guys

Thanks for all respond

The seller contacted me today; he offered me a full refund after I shipped the model back to him (shipping at my own cost).
He would not offer me any compensation for the model, either i keep the model or send it back to him, full stop. :pullhair
I still really like this model, and I will see if i can fix it first... and the last resort of course sending the model back to the seller.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts