DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hello again,

So decided to fix the Jag, and check out how i did it.

1) The Main body of the Jag was removed by unscrewing 6 screws

2) The Chassis and the broken wheel (guess what? there is a spare wheel)

3) Spare wheel removed from the back of the chassis(was stuck by glue)
Comparing the spare wheel and the damaged wheel(looks pretty bad)
4)What's got left behind on the brake

5)Brake ready for the new wheel

6)I have fixed what i can with the broken wheel(right hand side)

7)The repaired wheel is glued back and becomes the new spare wheel.

8)Spare wheel inserted, minor modification has to made to the wheel and center cap before insertion

9)Everything screwed back together

10)Done, looks like new again!!! :happy

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Well done mshoemaker. :nicejob :nicejob Would hate to see such a beautiful car to go waste.
How did you get rid of the scratches on the paint? Is the broken wheel very visible when you open the boot?

Edit: From the pic of the engine bay, are the exhaust pipes separated from the manifolds? They look disjointed to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Great fix! Aren't you glad that the spare tire is there? :giggle

Do you have a closeup of your wheels? The center cap looks very much like ones on another mod I've seen. :cheers

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm glad you were able to fix the car to your satisfaction!

Personally, I would have gotten a full refund from the seller. Very similar thing happen to me where the seller shipped me a model which he should have not shipped in the first place. I made the seller pay for all of the shipping during the exchange. In your case, I believe the seller was negligent to ship a model in that condition as it was completely foreseeable to damage the model during shipment.

Let us know who the seller is so we can avoid him.

Anyways, I'm glad you were able to fix it.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
*Actually the scratches are pretty minor, hard to see them after a bit of cleaning. I probably going to wax the car latter to removed those tiny scratches
*Luckily the boot opening is so small, you can only see the tyre and little bit of the wheel spokes&#8230; (but already fixed what I can with the wheel anyway)
*Exhaust pipes looks like just a Autoart quality issue. I tried to realign it but the gaps between 2 separate pieces are a bit too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
good job on the repair. :310
Don't think there are too many mdoels out there with a spare tyre that would allow you to do such a repair. Very lucky. :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Received an email from autoart
"Thank you for your inquiry.
We do not have any spareparts for Jaguar C has been sold out.
By the way, do visit www.AUTOart-collection.com regularly to see details on our new releases and current models.
Best regards,
Gateway Global Ltd"

Luckily I fixed the Jag already...

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Congrats on an excellent repair! :cheers

I will bet that this model has more importance to you now that you have put some of "yourself" into it.

This is a really nice model with its biggest weakness being the wheels themselves.
Could you imagine this with some CMC style wirewheels!

Anyway. so glad that you were able to get this one "back on the road" so to speak :giggle

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.