DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm looking around at differnt models available from exoto now. I seem to be leaning towards the Martini Racing 935 RSR or the 934. I also really like the GT40 but want a MKI however a MKII is pretty darn close. You guys who have any of these models what do you think of them? The 935 looks amazing but so does the GT40 and the 934. I guess I really can't go wrong with any of them huh? Now does anyone own or had a chance to inspect one of the finish line Martini 935's? I love the "after the race" look but want to be sure that it looks really realistic and not like some amatuer with an airbrush went at a 160.00 model. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 'Finish Line' models...

If I were going to get my first Exoto, I would go for a Sauber or one of the GT40 MkII or MkIV. The 934s and 935s are very nice no matter what livery you choose... buy what you like. in my humble opinion, you really can't go wrong no matter which one you choose... even the early releases such as the Shelby Daytonas or the Corvette Grand Sports!

When you make your choice, make sure to post pics!

G

·
my first(and only)was the #26 Daytona Cobra Coupe. If it were now I'd get the #63 LeMans winning Sauber C9.

JM $.02

BTW-you really can't go wrong with Exoto.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
As the model itself will be great, I would think your choice should be based on the particular car you like the most.
If you prefer the MKI then you might as well wait. It will be out eventually.
You really can't go wrong with any of them but keep in mind that the newer releases have more detail than the older ones.

Can't wait to see what you get!

G

·
I'm not a fan of the 'Finish Line' models either although I have never seen one in person. If I were getting my first Exoto no question it would be a Sauber. Second choices would be a GT40 or 917. The 934s and 935s will also make you happy and likely offer the best chance of getting one at a good price. My first Exoto was a Shelby Daytona and I was a bit disappointed - this is an earlier release and not as detailed as their later cars. Good luck whatever you choose. :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I sincerely think you can't go wrong. Get the one that speaks a little louder to your heart.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
RichardM said:
LUW said:
I sincerely think you can't go wrong. Get the one that speaks a little louder to your heart.
And softer to your wallet. :giggle
And how do you do that with an Exoto? Oh I see, you´re the guy that uses the e-mail coupon. :lol

G

·
I don't think you can go wrong with any Exoto no matter what model you pick in the end. Personally, as much as I like the detail on the Sauber C9, if I was to keep only one of my Exoto's, I'd go with the GT40 Mk IV. :cheers

G

·
I'm a bit of a Porsche nut, so I say get the 935. In order to justify spending an insane amount of cash I bought the Standox Avus Galaxy 935. A little extra I guess - makes the model look cool though. I'd love to get one of the GT40's but I have to add the 934 (in standox) first.

Buy the one that grabs your eye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts