DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
What's the engine and interior like, Johnny?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
It actually looks good! I never really liked the ones by Guiloy, but yours looks, well, normal :giggle :nicejob

What kind of price did you pay for it?, If you don't mind me asking.

There is no way I can afford those UT's either :scared

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
The model looks like that Mac doesn't it? I think the model is actually created after that one, but the model is a "prototype LM" (and it actually looks nothing like the prototype LM).

I think the Guiloy LM is kind of underrated, even though it's basically Bburago quality. It has nice suspension and from some angles looks very accurate, and overall it's a pretty nice looking model, just lacks kind of big on the quality.

G

·
I think its a very poor model of a Mac . :mine

The spoiler end plates are too big , the wheels are way too small , the model is missing its clear sidelight lenses in the front turn signals and it has uncoloured mirrors.

There was a big debate about the guiloy Mac on the forum sometime last year and Im pretty sure it was voted worst model by a lot of members because of its wrong proportions and its crude details.

You made it look pretty decent in your pics , but in my opinion , the UT Mac is definately worth the extra cash and definately the one to have. :cheers

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think the big issue there is the price. I believe that one of these Guiloy Mclarens can be had for about $30, but the UT silver F1 roadcar have reached prices of $150+ on eBay and even $250-$300 on some online retailers that had a couple left. I'm pretty sure not all collectors have such deep pockets for purchases like those.
:mine

G

·
Thanks Johnny for the additional photos. I've never seen detail photos before. It's not all bad considering the price. The door hinges looks nice and sturdy. I would fit it with some new and larger rims and try to lower the stance just a tad. Some black paint on the B-pillar and around the edges of the front windshield would be next.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Thanks, Johnny. Since the UTs are out of my price range as well, I may eventually end up getting one of these or a Maisto too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.