DiecastXchange Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Side windows, gas struts and no more dog legs and few other improved details :cheers

Not bad, if found at a good price :happy
Photos Link

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
And a higher price :lol

If they make the Z-Tune with these features I'll be adding it, but not this one. Gas struts are so easy to make I can't believe more companies don't make use them on they're diecasts :dizzy AUTOart is just now beginning to use them.

G

·
It's neat how those minor additions can make the model look SO much more complete! Also I'm loving the trend towards gas struts, they look so much nicer.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Even though I'm no huge R34 fan I do want this model, even if the improvements over their original R34 aren't huge. But in my opinion they make the model look quite a bit better. Also my R34 is only a Vspec I, so at least it has a few other differences :giggle

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Even as a bit of a Skyline fan myself (just a touch!!! :giggle ), I fail to see why this version should be re-released.

What do we know about it? Is it a genuine bona fide AutoArt re-release, or a car someone has modified with gas struts, a bonnet stand and side windows? If it was a substantial re-working, or a new mould, then I can understand that, but what do we know about this car?

:confused

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is an official AUTOart release, but one they should have had right atleast the second time around when the added the windows :dizzy

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thanks for the part number guys!

I would have preferred that AutoArt invest in tooling for an R33 GT-R than releasing even a new mould for the R34. The R34 mould is fine, and if they had to update it, then do so in a few years' time.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I remember that I read somewhere that this Skyline is one of AUTOart's best selling models. So I guess they are releasing more of these to the market..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Alon, I guess that makes sense. Why else to milk a mould but to make more money off it, wheher the mould needs milking or not......

Oh well. I might even make the astonishing step of NOT buying these new releases. Unless I see one in the metal and it is sufficiently different to warrant getting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts