DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
When I was ayoungin' my papa bought me a Yat Ming 1957 BelAir on account of the fact that'd done well in my academics in elementary school.
Henceforth from then, I not only became amotivated to do well in school. seein' as how there were tangible rewards, but I became an unknowin' hobbyist.
I still refuse to call myself a collector, I think the distinction is to froofy and Im a salt a the earth type a guy, I figure at least.
When I was in the midst of my youthful years my pa got a job out in the Middle East yonder.
I was about 12un when we left the states on a jumbojet. I took my 30 someodd diecasts with me to the land of wonders.
Over the course a settlin' in and gettin' acclimated to the perspirin', my diecasts remained boxed up - for 15 years.
They're a still in a big shippin box sittin in a dusty corner of my room.

In June of 2013 I was fortunate enough to win an expense paid business trip to Stuttgart - now that's in the land of the ole Kaiser for those of us with a weakness in the cartographic knowledges.
While in Stuttgart I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to visit the Mercedes-Benz Museum.Now bein' as scholastic as I am I ventured in the spirit alearin'.
The Museum was a wonder. Filled with pretty cars as far as the eye could see, and then some if you happened to peak out into the dealership across the byway.
I wondered into the gift shoppe and laid my eyes on diecasts the likes I'd anever imagined in this foreign place.
After a thorough paroozing I procured the three cars below and awoke my dormant diecast hobbyist.

I hope you all enjoy the photos. I'll come by now and again with updates in the near future.
Faithfully yours.
mkhabbaz

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Man thats one hell of a collection of muscle on show there. Great collection indeed.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
mkhabbaz, while I am not a muscle-car collector myself, I loved reading your description of how you got into the hobby, your writing style made my day

Thanks everyone!
I dont work out so these are my muscles. Teehee!

@drivinghermad: ill do it as soon as my monocle arrives! ;)
I recently acquired a head-mounted bino-magnifier so I can view the fine details in the models, as well as a 10x magnification loupe - what does that make me?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!
I dont work out so these are my muscles. Teehee!

@drivinghermad: ill do it as soon as my monocle arrives! ;)
I recently acquired a head-mounted bino-magnifier so I can view the fine details in the models, as well as a 10x magnification loupe - what does that make me?

[/quote]

You know I was thinking of you. ;)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Fantastic collection you have for not being a "collector"

Just messing with ya! Love the muscle cars! Thanks for all the photos!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for sharing your most fascinating collection of American Muscle mk!
Particularly liking your Sunstar Plattys (that I'm determined to add to my own collection) but also lurve you Boss 302 'Stang....

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks for sharing your most fascinating collection of American Muscle mk!
Particularly liking your Sunstar Plattys (that I'm determined to add to my own collection) but also lurve you Boss 302 'Stang....
Thank you kind sir!
I love the Sunstar Platinum line, they are such nice quality cars. I look forward to some day owning a Ford Fairlane and Dodge Custom Royale from them too.
The Boss looks so nice with the 500KR. Ill probably (ie definitely) want a CJ too.
:)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Some nice additions,are you going for the bulk buy or is it to kick start the collection as you will have them all by Christmas at this rate.LOL Do you have them on display yet?
Hi there drivinghermad (love the un btw),

Thanks!
I prefer diecasts that hold some interest to me in some way. The ones in the above post are just ones that were buried from my youth so I never got the chance to add them to this page.
I would love to have some place to display them! I am holding out on that until I get a really nice display case and space. Right now all the cars are in their boxes in my man cave. :'( Unfortunately after seeing those Bertbys Ive got it in my head that nothing else is good enough!

1 - 20 of 350 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.