DiecastXchange Forum banner
501 - 520 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
The video did say they were making an effort to ensure any body changes were made.
The impression I got for example was that a rally 3dr Ford Sierra would be a Cosworth and the race version an RS500.
Allowing for the fact that both types were raced.....

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Solido look to have come up short on the additional spotlight count.
The image shows two where there are supposed to be four.
I haven't seen a photo of the rear of the model, which should have the larger light cluster introduced on the facelift (which was not on the Abarth 'rally' version).
I had intended waiting to see if Kyosho will release their old version of the 1980 Monte winner - which would be way better (and way more expensive!).
If this image is of the finished article, my mind is made up.....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They got the chassis right but the rear wing wrong on that #79 935 if it represents the 1982 Le Mans race car.

But from a stance they look great.
I hope solido does the red blue momo IMSA Portland 3hrs 1983 or the A J Foyt #6 Valvoline 1984 daytona24h cars.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Good find slarti.
Here i had made a review of this car couple years ago (Spark version) and they got it right.
https://www.diecastx...-mans-1982-118/

The genuine works car had water cooled heads, which the private teams did not have.
So the opening on the original was probably for a water radiator instead of an oil cooler (?).
https://www.racingsp...-06-20-079b.jpg
Looking at that #79 nose gap it looks like fitzpatrick car ran with airheads instead of watercooled on LeMans
As far as i know imsa had that regulation that those 935 engines that eventually also went in those 956/962 imsa's stayed air cooled, while in europe they ran eventually with water cooled heads based on that factory 935/78
So i believe in 1982 that gtx (imsa regulation?) was a aircooled car.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
All fair comments, but nice to see they did the doors right on the 79.

If you want a perfect model (well, nearly - I'm sure someone can see something wrong with it!) there's the Spark, but for the money, the Solidos look pretty good to me.

I have the Spark Fitzpatrick, so I won't be getting either of these, but the works car is a nice addition to my collection.

If I didn't have the Spark, I would probably buy the 79 too, faults accepted, as it's the only 'Moby Dick' I actually saw race.

M

·
Registered
19 Posts
Military is back at Solido!

This month you can find our new models at 1/48 scale at your regular reseller! 🥳

The Day One Edition will offer you four models available in two colors. Watch out, every model from this ′′ Day One Edition ′′ is limited to 500 pieces! A future most wanted! 😮

Disover the first military models:

M270/A1 ROCKET LAUNCHER
Ref : S4800601 (Green Camo) / S4800602 (Desert Camo)

M1115 HUMVEE
Ref : S4800101 (Green Camo) / S4800102 (Desert Camo)

M60 A1 Tank
Ref : S4800501 (Green Camo) / S4800502 (Desert Camo)

M1128 MGS STRYKER
Ref : S4800201 (Green Camo) / S4800202 (Desert Camo)

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I have little interest in military subjects, but even I know that 1/35th is a more common scale.
And of course 1/76th.
1/48th matches a popular aircraft scale - but for surface military models?

501 - 520 of 560 Posts