DiecastXchange Forum banner
541 - 560 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I really like the Momo livery, but the Porsche claims to be the Norisring version, but the wing is wrong.

http://www.tenamp.com/real/porsche-935-78-81-moretti-norisring-1981-01.jpg

It's more like the Riverside IMSA race version (and it looks like both lack the IMSA decal on the front wings).

Still, it's a nice model for the price and if you're that bothered, you can always make the IMSA decal and call it a Riverside car :)

M

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really like the Momo livery, but the Porsche claims to be the Norisring version, but the wing is wrong.

http://www.tenamp.co...ing-1981-01.jpg

It's more like the Riverside IMSA race version (and it looks like both lack the IMSA decal on the front wings).

Still, it's a nice model for the price and if you're that bothered, you can always make the IMSA decal and call it a Riverside car :)

M
We made N°30 version (seen at Retromobile) not the N°70 ;)

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I am still (!) compiling my suggestions list, but one subject stands out for me.
The 1972 Le Mans winning Matra MS670.
The first 'all French' winner for decades.
Although Graham Hill wasn't actually French.....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
We made N°30 version (seen at Retromobile) not the N°70 ;)
OK, but there was no No 30 at Norisring - As some vendors are listing it...

To make things even more confusing the Solido website shows the No 30 car in photos, but describes it as No 70 from Le Mans 1982!

https://www.solido.c...982-70-moretti/

The only 935/78-81 at Le Mans that year was a JDavid Fitzpatrick car (79)

No 70 was a Ferrari, No 30 a Group C URD! :D

As I say, though, the 935/78 is very nice for the money - Looks good next to my Spark for a fraction of the price.

M

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Calling your car 'fire' isn't the most considered marketing strategy...... :>)
Mind you, my Fiat Uno with a fire engine (!) was nippy, reliable and very fuel efficient.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Appreciate the photo.
The two Ford Sierras look reasonable.
It's a pity we can't see the front of the (uninteresting) RS500 race version.
Soldio have at least made an effort with the dry break fuel fillers on the rear flank of the RS500 - although this may just be a decal.
Neither wheel type looks convincing, but for the expected prices it's probably not surprising.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Part two of the Solido customer questions video.
Some interesting information about the hobby industry as a whole, including copyright and licensing.
Click on the closed captions button to get (in my case anyway) an English translation!

·
Administrator
33,543 Posts
Front of the LUI Ford Sierra RS 500, it has the correct front bumper on it,

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I can't see the additional bootlid lip spoiler, nor the extra moulding on the rear wing.
I know it's a prototype, but the ride height is wrong and the tyres are not wide enough.
DTM cars - including any RS500 - required silencers so the exhaust should exit at the rear.
Still, it might be useful as a source of parts. :>)
At least Solido have stopped referring to it as the 24 hour car.
Ringhausen had difficulty getting cars to the short DTM events, either through failures or accidents......

541 - 560 of 560 Posts