DiecastXchange Forum banner
701 - 720 of 774 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought LS Collectibles might have made the black A70 Supra in black?? Or was i dreaming... 🤔

I think IG models has tackled many fascinating Japanese subjects from the past buit I don't quite like those Japanese tuning scene vibe. My personal preference are stock factory fresh models without those extreme positive camber or stanced look.
Otto did. They’re trading between $300-600 USD. The Solido pricing is much more palatable for some of us.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Otto did. They’re trading between $300-600 USD. The Solido pricing is much more palatable for some of us.
Did they? LOL that is way out of my league.. Solido, or other budget maker would be our best bet in this case then. We need more representation of these fine Japanese classics in the budget segment.

·
Registered
BMW 135i
1,338 Posts
The M3 CSL is out now at ck-modelcars,

Looks a decent effort, I’m curious about the colour, the Real CSL’s look to be More of a grey where this one just looks plain silver Which I don’t think they ever came in. View attachment 271721 View attachment 271722
The lighting is probably a bit harsh here along with it against a white background. The CSL was painted in "Silver Grey" so its kind of both

Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
220 Posts
Did they? LOL that is way out of my league.. Solido, or other budget maker would be our best bet in this case then. We need more representation of these fine Japanese classics in the budget segment.
Agreed 100%. When you’re trying to save up for a third(!) car justifying $80-100 is much easier to take than $600. If things were different and I didn’t sell the STi but just bought the MkIII Supra as well maybe I could have justified a $600 diecast, but I didn’t, so what is cool on a shelf doesn’t fit the same constraints.

Solido, if you’re listening, give us 1990s Japanese cars! No one but me will buy It but give me a 1990-1993 Honda Accord, preferably a 1990 LX in Laurel Blue Metallic!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Agreed 100%. When you’re trying to save up for a third(!) car justifying $80-100 is much easier to take than $600. If things were different and I didn’t sell the STi but just bought the MkIII Supra as well maybe I could have justified a $600 diecast, but I didn’t, so what is cool on a shelf doesn’t fit the same constraints.

Solido, if you’re listening, give us 1990s Japanese cars! No one but me will buy It but give me a 1990-1993 Honda Accord, preferably a 1990 LX in Laurel Blue Metallic!
Same here. Would love to see more of the late 80s/90s Japanese sports cars in the budget segment. Some come to mind like Mitsubishi GTO, Starion, Toyota MR2, Celica. Supra Mk2/3, Nissan 300ZX (Z31, Z32), Silvia, Honda Prelude, Civic EG etc.

Obviously Solido will also need to cater for cars from other nationalities as well each year but hopefully they will give consideration to some of these bygone classics some thought when they pick new subjects for their next production run. I am aware that some of the models I mentioned above has already being made as resin but they are scarce and pricey.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The lighting is probably a bit harsh here along with it against a white background. The CSL was painted in "Silver Grey" so its kind of both

View attachment 271725
The colour all depends on lighting. Out of the sun, it looks a bit darker. This was my M3 E46. Whilst not a CSL, its the same colour, Silver Grey.

Solido forgot the carbon fibre roof on their CSL.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
We don't have a list of the destroyed moulds. Also, if we want to relaunch a past model from Solido with a new mould we have to do it from scratch, like a new model: scanning the real car, make the 3D, print a first shot, etc etc...

I'm at it again! :)
Would you buy tooling from other companies that have gone out of business, having checked it's complete and undamaged?
Many on this forum could list some such desirable subjects, and would like to see them back on the shelves.
Acme in the US are doing exactly this, and seemingly with some success......
Hello, no will not buy tooling from other companies. It's not in our plans. We want to have our own molds and our own modelcars. :)

·
Administrator
35,191 Posts
Yes, the Supra are now available!
1/43 models too (Renault Mégane R26R & Dodge Challenger). :)
Are there any plans to make the Renault Megane R26R in 1/18 ?
I know OttO Mobile did, but a 1/18 in Blue with Red wheels would look great!!! Either by Solido or OttO Mobile. I'm not fussy!

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm curious how many were produced. I'm sure they'll sell out in no time. I've contacted AUTOart multiple times about production of the MKIV Supra and they have yet to answer. It's currently my grail since they finally produced the F1 GTR. They made the NSX, RX-7 and the Skyline. MKIV Supra, 3000GT and 300ZX would be awesome!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm curious how many were produced. I'm sure they'll sell out in no time. I've contacted AUTOart multiple times about production of the MKIV Supra and they have yet to answer. It's currently my grail since they finally produced the F1 GTR. They made the NSX, RX-7 and the Skyline. MKIV Supra, 3000GT and 300ZX would be awesome!

View attachment 273313

View attachment 273312

View attachment 273315
A fellow 90s JDM halo car enthusiast!

I have tracking for my Supras. I’m excited. I should buy another white one to have fun with. I don’t know what I’d actually do with it though.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Certainly hope Solido made enough for everyone no doubt these mk4 supras will sell very well.
Checking out my local hobby shop while on my way to the grocer..

amazingly the Wait Awhile State (Western Australia) got hold of the Supras so quickly. I contacted Modelissimo couple weeks ago about these and they had no idea when the stock will come in.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

looks fairly good in person I’d say…

but at AUD120 a piece bit hard to swallow tbh

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Why so expensive? They are about half the price here. I got mine for about AUD61 the other day from a local store which to my surprise also has it way before the big online stores we know, along with the white one.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Why so expensive? They are about half the price here. I got mine for about AUD61 the other day from a local store which to my surprise also has it way before the big online stores we know, along with the white one.
I know right. New Solido goes between $100 to $150 here and I believe we actually have an Aussie distributor here. I guess they think they can get away charging such price and people would still willing to pay. Even a typical Maisto carries a price tag of AUD$80 nowadays. I was looking forward to get both white and red Supras from Modellisimo last week when I took advantage of their spring sale but was told that they haven't receive them yet. Hopefully i will still be able to get them the next time i order.

701 - 720 of 774 Posts